A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
125 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: all kinds of bits to make a cute critter  (Read 750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2008 09:54:26 PM »

i am crocheting a critter kinda like so https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=174260.0
and i need instructions for big ears like in there,
for a long skinny tube
and for making the neck fur
thanks,
luvelycritter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008 11:12:37 AM »

i am crocheting a critter kinda like so https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=174260.0
and i need instructions for big ears like in there,
for a long skinny tube
and for making the neck fur
thanks,
luvelycritter
You'll need fun fur or an eyelash yarn for the neck. You can then just crochet a sort of scarf and wrap it around the assembled toys neck and whip stitch the ends together. If you use the same yarn it was crocheted with it should blend in and you won't even be able to tell the piece was flat.

Making the tube and the ears will be next to impossible to get step by step directions since we aren't the ones making the whole critter.

but for a tube simply chain the amount of the piece as if it is flat, then Slip stitch it together and sc in the round from there till it's the desired length. Then slip stitch and fasten off.
You'll probably have to play a bit to get it to look just right but that's fairly normal when you are making something without a pattern! Don't be afraid of the yarn!

for the ears think of them like a cone. you will basically be starting with at least 4or more Sc's in the round, then build out from there. when you finish the piece you flatten it and attach it to the head. It looks like you will increase to the widest point of the ear, do a few rows even, then decrease just a little.

Once again Don't be afraid of the yarn! If you let the fear of ripping out get to you you'll never get it done, but if you think of it a s step to the end result you'll get it done! And if you use stitch markers  mark when you get the parts to look right and if you have to rip things out rip back to that point and start from there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not super active, but still crafting and post lots on facebook.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies
Meatless Monday: Portobello Mushroom Lasagna

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...