A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
182 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I made resin spoons too! (Ode to Glitterkick!)  (Read 2015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

tickleagangster
« on: November 13, 2008 11:54:51 AM »

Mine are messy, messy, messy! I was in such a hurry to make some that I cut pictures out of old books, and tore up some jewelry that I had! LOL I didn't even use gloves, and the fumes made me want to pass out, but here are my spoons!
What the heck do I cut off the bottom of the spoon with??? Thank you to Glitterkick who makes the most beautiful spoons. I'm looking for inexpensive but beautiful things to make for Christmas. I liked the spoons because you can personalize them and I've always cut up thrifted cashmere to make hats, gloves, throws and scarves.

a song sparrow

a blue bird

Red cardinal

woodland chipmunk

Now that I've got the initial adrenaline out of me, I'll take my time on the next ones that I make for family! (Still got to cut off the bottoms!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008 12:43:04 PM »

I love the background pics and the little bits to coordinate.
Try taking a sample of what you want to cut to the hardware store and ask them for a saw for cutting and a file/rasp to smooth the edges. I tried cutting a spoon yesterday with aviation nippers and it didn't work. I tried on saw but I don't have the right type of blade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
purplewitchhazel
Why is there cat fur up my nose?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008 04:31:16 PM »

By Christmas everyone's going to be making these! First glitterkick, then me, then you, who knows, we may have a whole room full of people stealing spoons from the kitchen when no one's looking  Grin

I used a reeeally chunky pair of pliars. But next week i'm going to see if i can find a not too expensive pair of small bolt cutters, something that doesn't need too much pressure to save my hands.

I've only made 3 so far so those one's i wire wrapped and you cannot see where i cut. But i probably should invest in filing any more that i make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WireBliss
Mei / WireBliss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008 04:59:04 AM »

These are very special spoons. Stupid question - Are they pendants?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008 09:06:23 AM »

Haha! I played around with making some of these too! I love your twist of putting other objects on the spoons though. Great idea!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tickleagangster
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008 11:02:58 AM »

These are very special spoons. Stupid question - Are they pendants?

Well, they're supposed to be but I haven't gotten the back of the spoon off yet! I'm going to the hardware store to get either a small metal saw or some bolt cutters and a file.  I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these!! I've always collected unloved silverware anyway, I have a passion for spoons, vintage children's books, tiny buttons and stuff. This way I can finally make something from that stuff. I saw someone else her make beautiful red resin with pearls! Another girl just recently posted pills in resin which will give me something to do with all the meds I was given while out on disability that I refused to take! (I should have thrown them away, but they would send them FedEx once a month!) I have to find out if it's somehow illegal to wear them here even if they are encased and unusable, you know how the po po can get!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Wooden Spoons
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...