A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,818
Currently Running With Scissors:
159 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 30 inch busty doll WIP *warning theres boobs!*  (Read 6025 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

crafty_mommy

Proud Mommy of two gorgeous girls<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 09, 2008 05:23:32 PM »

SO I started this project about 3 days ago and have been working on it off and on. This is what I have so far.
Im not very pleased with the arms and hands I think they ruined the dolls look (beacause of my fabric and lack of finger turning experience). Also I sewed her head on  a bit too far to right so it's not sitting straight.
 Im not sure yet If I want to just go ahead and keep them or make new ones without elbow joints.. I have just kind of roughed in her eyes with pencil but I think I will just use the iron on eyes and mouth. But i'm learning how to needle sculpt which is really neat!! I think this week i'll piddle around with the legs... also if I make another doll i'm going to get some smaller joints so her limbs can move. SO here she is! She's quite busty and hippy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for a Sackboy doll!!
my wists - http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
chezlin
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008 05:40:59 PM »

Whoa nelly! Just a tip, you should probably post an image that just says 'NWS: Nudity warning!' or something as the first image.. so that you're not greeted with a big pair of boobs when you go to Craftster. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_mommy

Proud Mommy of two gorgeous girls<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008 06:01:43 PM »

I put warning there's boobs... lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for a Sackboy doll!!
my wists - http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
tragiqcandy
I'm your new philosophy

Runs with scissors. In the dark.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008 06:07:51 PM »

Yep, thanks, but the thumbnail of the doll appears with no title on the front page of the site with new posts.  Smiley
I like the detail, though, especially around the eyes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
random4000
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008 07:32:12 PM »

Oh my goodness - I don't think you need a warning.  She's just a doll!  And you have done a great job!  I love her breasts and her face.  She seems to be very much a Goddess Doll.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008 08:21:06 PM »

I wouldn't change the head, that gives her character. Her arms do look a bit thin, and I can' see her hands, but it looks like you're doing a great job so far. there is a finger turning tutorial I could direct you to, but really, it just takes a lot of practice until you feel comfortable with it. Kinda like learning how to use chop sticks, LOL!
She's going to be HUGE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008 09:21:40 PM »

Oh wow. Three days!! You are not only turbomom you are a turbo crafter. I picked up some dollar a yard jersey at walmart today thinking I might take a stab at this after the holidays, since you led me to the site!!
I have lots of different straws, plastic tubes and different sticks I use to turn my doll fingers. I also bought miniature turning tubes at  http://sistersanddaughters.com/tools.html  They have a special glue, Instant Grrrip that I would like to try.supposedly you dab it in the narrow seam allowance and it prevents the ends of the fingers from popping. It dries flexible. Give yourself a hug you are doing great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Jewelry Art
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...