A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SingerDirect.co.uk/Cooper Sewing Machines Ltd, Finchley London  (Read 1253 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

yorkshirebadger
« on: November 03, 2008 05:43:40 AM »

Hi,
I have decided to get myself a singer machine and these guys seem to offer reasonable prices with a good warranty -

"For the next 15 years Coopers will be able to repair,service and look after all your sewing needs" this includes picking the thing up, parts and labour..

Anyone used this company? it sounds almost too good to be true? or am i just being suspicious?

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hellobint
DuckyFuzz craft

craftastic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008 01:51:30 PM »

hey - i bought my sewing machine from there circa 8 years ago.  it's a janome and stil going strong now.  when i bought it, i got an 8 year guarantee thing with it.  I've never had reason to use it, but at the time, the guys were really good, and the shop was cheap!!  i would definitely buy from them again if that helps.  Also, its worth checking if they will match their online offers in the shop - they did for me, and threw in a mini sewing kit that is still in regular usage  Wink

The downside is that the cheap machines are stock originally destined for another country so you don't always get the exact model you want (but I guess you can if you pay more).  also, for example as in my case, you don't get exactly the right instruction booklet.  However, as long as you stick with a mainstream brand, the parts are pretty standard, and the lack of an instruction booklet for me was well worth the massive amount i saved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting the love x
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad
@Home This Weekend: St. Patrick's Day Wreath
March 13, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...