A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 314,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
249 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hair scarves  (Read 1557 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

fortunecookie
« on: February 15, 2004 03:34:43 PM »

Ialso have an extensive collection of hair scarves. Any creative ways to display these? (not make stuff out of them, because i live in hair scarves) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no position in society." --Mark Twain
Goddess
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004 03:39:24 PM »

I love hairscarves too. Try to find a standing mug holder, the kind with several arms on it, and tie them to it. Now, is the holder has a flat top, attach a small saucer to it and put a candle on top, and voila! you have a scarfalabra!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
comfits
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004 04:48:24 PM »

i remember someone posted something similar to this in the past, but i'm drawing a blank right now.

here's my idea:  get a dowel rod (a thicker one, sturdy enough to hold your scarves) and paint it a color you like.  string some wire on each end & hang it above a door way.  leave the dowel rod hanging slightly below the doorway, so you have enough room to put the scarves over it.  i think they'd look cool hanging there kinda like a curtain--especially if you have a lot!!  and especially if they're the long kind.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fortunecookie
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004 05:39:36 PM »

They are the really long kind Smiley, I tie the scarf over my head then wrap my hair up in it, almsot like a towel. The dowel Idea would look cool, especially in the entrance way to my art room. Thanks! And although I think my scarves are too long for the mug holder idea, Im a make a jewelry holder like that.

-:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no position in society." --Mark Twain
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004 08:05:00 PM »

If they are like what I am thinking of, I have similar scarves.  I "store" them on a cool looking window treatment rod.  I have a scarf that I never wear in the middle with my pin collection on it so the other scarves kinda act as a frame.  I've seen in a store display where they had the scarves hanging through the big curtain rod circles and the circles were hooked onto the "wall" with just cup hooks.  It looked neat and I would have done that but I've got the window rod already.  On Comfits idea, I wonder if you could use one of the spring loaded window rod instead so you would have to put holes in the door frame.  You could slip cover the rod with fabric.  OH! You could use those circles with the little clips on them to hang the scarves that way the length may run almost the whole door height.  OK, I spent too much time looking at window decor today.  Just a thought. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassiemarie
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004 09:26:33 AM »

What if you took a long piece of fishing line, or wire, or a metal rod of some sort, that was about 2 or 3 feet long, and strung painted clothespins across it ( using the spring in the middle as a hole to string the wire or rod through ) then you could use the clothespins to clamp the scarves and they wouldn't slide off.  it would also keep them for wrinkling!  i am going to have to try this now!
-cass
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fortunecookie
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004 01:40:57 PM »

Aha! I have found a solution to the hair scarf problem! I bought an old ladder and hung em all on there.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jodi1978
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005 11:55:02 PM »

Make bras and panties from them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
May 23, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Candy Wrapper Bracelet
Earth-Friendly Gift Wraps

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...