A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 314,821
Currently Running With Scissors:
301 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Which Hook Would They Have to Pry From Your Cold Dead Hands---Just For Fun  (Read 2974 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

cat9

I've got a hook and I'm not afraid to use it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008 10:17:01 AM »

My trusty aluminum K hook. I have a bit of a tension problem, so I always end up using larger hooks. The K hook is what I always end up using for worsted weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilsarah
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008 12:27:17 PM »

It's funny because I only ever use the Bates hooks. I haven't really tried to use anything else...but I bet if I did I would have a fit because it wasn't the same.

We're weird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookelynne
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008 06:21:33 AM »

I have a wooden hood my friend carved for me in exchange for a hat, I use it for everything that I don't use a pattern for because I'm not sure what guage it is, but I've always got it on me regardless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008 07:52:28 PM »

NZ use mm instead of letters as well, and although I have about 26 hooks now (I was lucky enough to receive my Nannies hooks after she passed away) my entire family know that you touch my yellow thick handled 3.5 I will throw things at you  Grin it was my first hook and the one I learnt with  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Alliecat30
I like to make things...

break it down....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008 06:31:47 AM »

funny topic Smiley  I probably wouldn't DIE for it (haha)
BUT I love my Clover Soft Touch E Hook for sure----its smaller because I do amigurumi and crochet pretty tight any way.  Using a bigger hook I just notice so many holes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008 10:00:49 AM »

When i first started crochet 'k' was my hook of choice, as it was easier to use being kinda big.  But now, my hook of choice is 'h'.  I use it for pretty much every project that i do. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
bjrjames
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008 03:54:43 AM »

Most projects it depends on what I'm making, but I'm always using up the leftovers into scrap pieces for scrap afghans and I always use G hooks for those.  That way I never have to guess what hook I was using for them.  Right now I'm making a Spiderman Round Robin with H, a 'larger scrap' afghan with J, hats with H, and the smaller scrap pieces with G.  And the hooks always stay with the project.  If I put it aside for a while, the hook stays with it.  That's why I have so many of each size, How many times do I have to explain that to the hubby?  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilsarah
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008 02:03:11 PM »

Most projects it depends on what I'm making, but I'm always using up the leftovers into scrap pieces for scrap afghans and I always use G hooks for those.  That way I never have to guess what hook I was using for them.  Right now I'm making a Spiderman Round Robin with H, a 'larger scrap' afghan with J, hats with H, and the smaller scrap pieces with G.  And the hooks always stay with the project.  If I put it aside for a while, the hook stays with it.  That's why I have so many of each size, How many times do I have to explain that to the hubby?  LOL

Me: "I need to buy some yarn and another crochet hook"

My boyfriend "Don't you already have like 10 of them

Me: "They come in different sizes"

Boyfriend "...how many???" because he knows I will not stop until I have them all!  MWAHAHAHAH

But...like he should talk. I collect crochet hooks and knitting needles. He collects guitars. GUITARS! Knitting needles and crochet hooks--like 5 dollars max. Guitar...THOUSANDS!

...seriously...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008 08:51:50 AM »

I would have to say my I hook, I rarely use a pattern and find I almost always grab my I hook unless I want something done fast then it's J or P.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shadesofme
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008 10:23:45 AM »

It used to be h, but lately i've been using g hook a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Danish Heart Basket
O, Christmas Tree
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Vanilla Spice Nut Mix

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...