A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
187 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cigarette Girl Tray and Costume - UPDATED with ACTION PICS!  (Read 43174 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bluberryfields3
« on: October 19, 2008 08:28:06 AM »

In preparation for this year's Halloween festivities, I decided to be a classic cigarette girl. However, my focus was more on the necessary tray than the outfit itself (though it will be fantastically adorable/sexy). That said, I created this:

Materials include: sturdy box lid (very thick cardboard), black Duck brand tape, stiff red felt, tissue box, hot glue and oodles of empty cigarette packs from the depths of my boyfriend's desk. (He's very loyal to his brand, as you can tell).

Each pack is positioned just far enough from each other to allow the lids to fully open without imposing on their neighbors. Why, you ask? Scroll to find out.

Each side includes a neat little hole to attach both the neck strap (plain black jersey fabric) and the side strap (from my computer bag). Therefore, the side needs only to be sturdy and certainly not pretty.

Here, as you can see, is a sample shot of what will actually be inside these cigarette packs....CANDY!  Grin  Here, you can see how 4 Dum-Dum lollipops can fit in each pack without crowding. During the actual festivities, I'll also include candy lipsticks and (appropriately) candy cigarettes.

**********UPDATE W/ ACTION PICTURES************

Me, in full regalia. Cigarette anyone?

Me with my buddy Charlie as Aquaman and JMac as Vankmann (the best Ghostbuster)

Just for fun, a really awesome pic of Aquaman encountering a mysterious and mute man-squid. They seem to be hitting it off.

Again, thanks for all your comments! Hope everyone had a great Halloween! My costume was a hit, though I did get a lot of people trying to yank the packs out of the tray. I'll post more pictures when my lazy-butt friends send them over. Tongue
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008 05:31:03 PM by bluberryfields3 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosiegarden
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008 08:37:46 AM »

This is really cool! The lollipops idea was genius.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh,
"I wish I were there to be doing it, too."

Wists

My bookshop - Opening sale, 10% off!
aliceownsj00
Don't look back, you aren't going that way.

e6000 for life

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008 10:54:12 AM »

omg how creative!! That is such a cute idea! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*-*Jillian Tippit*-*
-Adventurer, Nerd, Geek, Witch, 420 Enthusiast, Octopus Fanatic, Professional Doodler, Henna Tattoo Artist, Typography Addict, Positivity Queen, Big Bold Beautiful Woman, and a Fantastic Cook-
Rascalrose
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008 11:26:34 AM »

What a great idea!  Very original.  I hope you share some action shots with us. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessarama
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008 06:00:36 PM »

You should post a photo of your whole costume too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluberryfields3
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008 02:55:58 AM »

I just wanted to thank everyone for their nice comments on my tray. As you can see above, I've included some awesome action pics. The tray clearly was the centerpiece of my costume and it went really well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...