A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
176 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Crochet  (Read 3053 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
hawtmamah
« on: October 13, 2008 06:03:21 PM »

here are a few things i've finished up for our tree:

the snowflake is about 3 inches across

2 of the four mini stockings i'll be making for our tree. i'll also be making a bunch of these for gift giving

i have about a bazillion more snowflake patterns i'm going to be working on, and i'm also making large stockings for the four of us:) i'm so psyched about christmas! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008 06:34:50 PM »

stockings are very cute... but I love the snowflake..crochet is something I just cant do....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cowladycc
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008 06:44:47 PM »

Very pretty where did you get snowflake pattern from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cabin Fever
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008 07:23:51 PM »

I love both, I'd love to know the snowflake pattern too. Did you starch these too? Your tree is going to look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawtmamah
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008 07:52:40 PM »

cowladycc and cabin fever-

the snowflake pattern was found here:http://www.sarahanns.com/crochetworks/snowflakes.html, the one i ave pictured is Number 2. You can also find more at crochetpatterncentral.com, or check out ravelry if you have a membership:)

I haven't starched the snowflakes (i have 2 more that aren't pictured) as i haven't pinned and blocked them yet. All i've done so far with the one is to wet and pin it to get its initial shape, and when i'm ready to stiffen it i will probably use a spray fabric starch/stiffener. I've used a water/sugar solution before, but it's kinda messy and sticky. The plus about the sugar solution is that it kind of crystallizes and gives a slight sparkle, though i've heard you can use epsom salt for the same effect. You can also use elmers glue, but i've heard that over time it yellows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chrissiemags
Chrissie's Custom Creations

Is there such a thing as too much fabric or ribbon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008 07:55:40 PM »

ooh if you have the stocking pattern to share I would love it the big one as well if you are able to share, my boys will absolutely LOVE these...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chrissie's Custom Creations
~Offering Laser Cut Scrapbook Embellishments~ Trendy & Classic Hair Accessories~ Cute as Can be Bottle Cap Images~Bottle Cap Jewelry
dannispring240
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008 08:08:21 PM »

Oh. My. Goodness.!!!

Those stocking are so adorable!
^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
hawtmamah
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008 04:45:27 AM »

ooh if you have the stocking pattern to share I would love it the big one as well if you are able to share, my boys will absolutely LOVE these...

thanks everybody:)

chrissiemags- the tiny stocking pattern i found here: http://www.sarahanns.com/crochetworks/snowflakes.html

i wasn't able to find a pattern for a larger one that i liked so I'm using this miniature pattern as a reference to make a larger stocking. but again, if you check out crochetpatterncentral.com and search 'stocking' you can find a list of patterns to use:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

travellingcyn
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008 11:10:46 AM »

You're snowflake turned out so pretty Smiley

Thanks so much for posting the links to the snowflakes patterns! I decided earlier today that I wanted to crochet some, and rather than trawling the www I thought I would come straight to craftster and voila! you have instantly helped me out!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...