A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 315,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
199 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HUGE paper crane project (help needed)  (Read 5875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

le vikki
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005 03:41:09 PM »

I'm in!

I was in Vancouver this summer (I'm from Edmonton) and I can picture Water street, and "just off Cordova"...are you in the little triangular building? With all the paper and gards and gifts and whatnot?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
occupiedgirl
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005 09:56:21 PM »

Hi le vikki!

Thanks for joining the "lean mean paper crane makin' crew"!!!

We weren't there yet.

We just opened in December. I'm trying to think of the shop you are talking about it... but I just can't see it... I also don't get out much. I'm fro Edmonton too actually! I've been on the westcoast forver now though... about 15 years. Gosh I feel old saying that.

Are you planning to come out again in the summer? If so you can come by and visit!

I'm off to make paper cranes!

It was funny last night, I was talking in my sleep... and I asked out loud "if this was the paper crane hotel?"...

I'm obsessed with paper cranes right now...

Thanks again! I'll stop blabbering...

Wink

Bestest,
Jenelle

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kuri

I LOVE CHEESE!! <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005 12:15:02 AM »

woah~! I have been working on mine for about a week now, Im almost at 900vcranes, ^^;

If you're in the Vancouver area, the display will be in Granville Island ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005 08:31:51 PM »

Hey occupiedgirl - just got a crazy idea... what if, once you got the initial cranes up, you provided squares of assorted paper in a corner of your shop where customers could stop and fold a crane or two for you?  It would be kinda neat - a constantly evolving display.  Maybe they could sign the wing of their crane?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
occupiedgirl
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005 08:52:29 PM »

Hi crazy_bc_jen,

That is a great idea!

We were actually thinking about that.. we were thinking of having a clear arylic cube that if people wanted to make a paper crane to add, we would try and fill the cube and once that was full we would add those ones to  the rest (say at the end of the week/or day) Adding the intials would be cool... because then you could pin point which ones are yours.

I'm so excited about getting the cranes up soooooon!

We are going to try and hang them in some kind of formation....

Thanks for the extra ideas!

Bestest,
Jenelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laurabeth
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005 11:57:14 PM »

I have 80-100 white paper cranes left over from a defunct mobile project I started about 10 years ago but haven't had the heart to dispose of (or finish), and I'd love them to find a new purpose. I also once decorated my boyfriend's ceiling with multicoloured paper cranes as a surprise on his birthday; it looked fantastic!

I'll send them soon (from Victoria).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
occupiedgirl
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005 09:18:10 AM »

Hi Laura beth!

That would be great if you donated your cranes to the project. My friend Sarah is coming over to Vancouver on Friday from Victoria, maybe you could just pass the cranes on to her? Smiley

Send me a message or email ( occupiedshop@hotmail.com ) & we can talk more about it, if you want.

Thanks so much,
Jenelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
occupiedgirl
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005 08:29:31 AM »

Hi everyone!

We got our first box FULL of paper cranes from someone in Eugene, Oregon. They are the cutest cranes! They are made differently from the way I make mine --- they are so great! They were made out of mostly recylced paper, wrapping paper, pasta sauce labels, chocolate bar wrappers, music sheets! They are great!

I just wanted to see if it was someone from this board that sent them. Because if this sounds like your cranes you didn't put your first name in the box, so I can put your name on the wall of fame... just your first intial is on there with your last name... if you see this message send me an email and let me know how you would like your name on the wall Wink

Thanks so much for sending your paper cranes! They are awesome!

Bestest,
Jenelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PuppetKristen
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005 08:29:09 AM »

I just found about this today, (March 28th)... can I still send cranes? Yes? no??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
occupiedgirl
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005 10:57:32 AM »

Hi!

We are still accepting cranes!!!

It seems everyone has been a little late with getting the cranes out, so we are postponing the hanging of the cranes until this coming saturday.

And we will be adding cranes all spring/summer long for any latecomers!

Thanks to everyone who did get your cranes off on time!

The cranes are all wonderful & we can't wait to start getting them up!

Thanks a bunch!

Bestest,
Jenelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...