Just what it sounds like! Paper crafty goodness in a scavenger hunt theme
Swap name: Paper Crafty Scavenger Hunt Swap (PCS for short)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Penlowe
Sign-up date range: Thursday Oct.9- Thursday Oct. 23
Date to send item by: Friday Nov. 14
GALLERY HERE: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=277075.0
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Age requirement? 13+Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
To have a really successful swap:
...has nothing to do with your crafting ability, how to get ideas, or best places to buy supplies.
Communicate! That's it! It's that simple.
Communicate your needs on your questionnaire.
Communicate with your partner about whether you feel uncomfortable with them wanting to add extras when you don't have the time, money, or interest.
Communicate ideas and progress in the swap forum and share sources of inspiration with your fellow swappers.
Communicate your progress to your partner AND the organizer.
Communicate BEFORE you send out that you'll be sending on time, or late (with an estimated sending time).
Communicate WHEN you to your partner AND the organizer with a DC (if available).
Communicate when you receive (to your partner AND the organizer).
Communicate to your organizer or partner if you haven't heard from your partner in a while and have concerns.
Communicate with your fellow swappers when you post your package in the gallery, and comment on all the lovely things your fellow swappers have made!
If you do those things, I guarantee you'll have a much better swap experience! And it only takes a couple of minutes, unlike that frogged scarf or your resin disaster, or the search for the perfect fabric.
End QuoteTo any & all interested in this swap:
I reserve the right to refuse entry in this swap if you show a pattern of late sending, poor communication, poor mailing habits (lack of DC, crummy packing) or any combination thereof. As the quote above reflects, I am adamant about good communication. I am also a stickler for rules if the day after the swap closes and I have heard nothing from you, you will get a negative untill you do communicate. It is your responsibility
to tell your partner and me when you send, when you recieve and communicate other issues you may have. If I have to go inquiring because you have not communicated first it will be reflected in your feedback.
I expect all participants to post to the threads (both this & gallery) within reason.This is a swap of small paper things, good packaging is a must! DC's are a must! I fully expect everyone to be able to put the whole swap package in a 9" x 12" envelope with a couple sheets of cardboard for protection. Any envelope over 1/2 inch thick can be DC'ed.
- This swap will consist of 14 TINY items and one SMALL item (Fifteen total!!) with a cap of no more than $20 or 3 hours spent total
. This should be a quick completion easily mailed swap.
- At least one item must be crafted.
- Genuine ephemera is really cool.
- Working from your stash is strongly encouraged.
A TINY item is (for the purposes of this swap) defined as no more than
30 minutes of crafting time or $2. Examples: bought post card, a stack of five 2" die cuts, 6 really cool buttons, Some ATC blanks you painted watercolor background shades on, etc. SMALL retains it's standard definition of one hour / $5. Questions? just ask!
I'm going to leave the category definitions up to you and your own interpretations. You may discuss them, but, ultimately, your intuition should be your guide. Have fun with the categories.
Rules: (I borrowed these from Yarnie Scavenger hunt)
The number of items sent and received should be no more and no less than the number of categories in the scavenger hunt. So you will send 15 items. Exceptions are if the item representing a category is a pair or set of items, such as a box of brads or a sheet of stickers.
One item per category - no single item can do double-duty and count for two categories. However, if a particular item does work for two categories and having two of them would be pleasing to the recipient, then two may be sent. The exception to that would be if it's a pair of something where having only one of the pair would be useless. If it's a pair, the pair can only count for one category. For example, a pair of blue mittens cannot count for something blue and something that starts with the letter M. However, sending two blue mugs, one for the blue category and one for the letter M category, would be allowable. I can't think of anything paper related that needs to be paired, but the doubling for multiple categories applies.
Fifteen items: (choose one for the Small)
2) over 20 (images, items, be creative!)
15) senders choiceQUESTIONAIRE:
Name of swap: Paper Crafty Scavenger Hunt Swap (please abbreviate PCS)
Your real name and mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?:
confirm you are over 13 years old:
Do you smoke or craft in a smoking household?
Do you have furry pets/ allergens to furry critters?
Getting to know you:
(Please feel free to put "N/A" or "See Profile" or just plain ignore any of the following questions.)
1) Do you scrapbook?
2) Do you do other crafts with paper?
3) What is on your desk right now?
4) What is the most frequently used tool in your papercrafting goodies?
5) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a link to a pic if you have one!)
6) What are your favorite things to make with paper?
7) What papercraft fears or avoidances do you have?
8. What papercraft have you wanted to learn or try, but haven't yet?
9) What other crafts do you do besides paper-related crafts?
10) If you had a 5-minute shopping spree in your craft supply store, how would you plan your attack?
11) What are your top 5 favorite colors?
12) What are your favorite themes, schemes, genres, or patterns?
13) What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
14) What are your favorite music artists/bands/songs?
15) What are your favorite authors/books?
16) What are your favorite visual artists?
17) What are your favorite movies?
18) What are your favorite TV shows?
19) Describe your personal style.
20) What other hobbies or pastimes do you do besides crafting?
21) Do you collect anything? What?
22) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily yarn related)?
23) Do you have an online wish list? What is it? see profile
24) Any lifestyle choices that may affect what you would or would not like to receive?
25) Any more questions you'd like to ask your partner?
26) Any thing else you'd like your partner to know about you?