A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 321,512
Currently Running With Scissors:
323 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 19 Discussion Thread  (Read 59076 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 28, 2008 09:41:45 AM »

you know you have something to say.......

Shop the Swap  19 sign-up thread https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=270957.0

Shop the Swap 19 gallery  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=270955.new

I thought I'd condense the swap explanation for anyone thinking of joining up (those 2 pages of rules can be a little intimidating....but it sounds much more complicated than it is)  Basically the Shop the Swap works like this:
-you need to be 18+ and have participated in 2 swaps with positive feedback
-this is a different swap in that you start with finished items.  Make a post in the shop thread with pictures of your 5 or more items and 4 supply items if you wish.  Thats your shop.  Each item must be marked with a point value from 1 to 3 points
-You get 3 points to start with when you first join, after that your points roll over from the end of the last round to the new one.  When you leave the swap you need to have 3 points to pay back this "point loan"
-Take a look around the shops and see what you would like to buy with your points.  You can "buy" from any shop that is open(check the top of the shop post). Send a claim (see the sign-up post for the format we use and who to send it to) and deduct the points from your total
-When someone claims from you, send your item out within a week (DC# required within the USA, save your postal receipt elsewhere)  You cannot spend the points (they are pending) until you have pm'd us that you have sent (and of course until you actually have sent!)  Once you've sent, add the points to your total
-Once your points are at 7 you have to close and go shopping (no point hoarding!)

This is it in a nutshell!!  Do read the signup post for particulars about the claim/send/recieve pms and other specific information.  If you have any questions please feel free to pm me Smiley

Outstanding Claims

STS 18      2 claims outstanding

corduroy cat to Velvet Rose - roving sample bag, wet felting kit sent sept 26-international

« Last Edit: November 01, 2008 03:15:12 PM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!

I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art..."  Vladimir Nabok
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008 10:09:17 AM »

Where's the party at?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2018
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008 10:49:27 AM »

Wow, I'm so glad I was lurking on here at the right time, it almost looks planned! Cheesy

I've been working on some Halloween goodies today so I should have some new things up tomorrow Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DropDeadSuzie

I've got blood in my mouth from biting my tongue.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008 10:56:19 AM »

yay for round 19!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008 11:11:06 AM »

yay! fresh thread!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008 11:41:23 AM »

YAY!  New round = new items!

I am off to set my shop up (I will have more new stuff to add by the end of the week, too)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonfairy

Credendo Vides

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008 11:44:50 AM »

Ok, so I have my shop up this round too, and I`m working on some new stuff as we speak  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschkween
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008 11:46:34 AM »

woohoo! gotta get some claims before I move!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyTuesday
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008 11:59:47 AM »

Roll Eyes  I need to get thinking about new ideas for my shop  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008 12:09:30 PM »

swap news!!

Please make sure you read the STS 19 signup thread, there are a few new things in there.  I don't know if anyone has noticed but I do change the questions on the signup each month so I can tell if you've taken the signup off the current thread.

In case anyone is wondering we started signups early this month because I'm away Sept 30-Oct 8.  My fabulous co-organizers lapoli and loves2experiment will be here to put out any urgent fires.  I'll catch up as soon as I'm home on Oct 8!!

For NEW swappers Only!!
Unfortunately because I am the only one who can enter swap feedback, we can not take any NEW swappers between sept 30-Oct 8.  If you send in a signup during that time please be aware that your profile will not be updated until the evening of Oct 8.  You cannot open a shop until the swap is in your profile.  

This DOES NOT affect swappers continueing on from last round as the swap is already in your profile and just needs to be updated, so continue as usual Smiley  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!

I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art..."  Vladimir Nabok
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands
Halloween Houses (Haunted, of course!)
Meatless Monday: Golden Apple Cornbread

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...