A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,825
Currently Running With Scissors:
261 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monkey Halloween Costume  (Read 2588 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

europebound_84

Next best thing to an automatic dryer

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2008 05:11:20 PM »

Since Halloween is 34 days away (yeah, I'm counting down!! I love to dress up!) I wanted to post the halloween costume I made for my niece last year.

I'm so cruel with things, lemme tell you! This was a Littlest Pet Shop stuffed monkey. However I cut its head off and its cute little hands, feet and tail and stitched together a fuzzy Frankenstein of cuteness.

Sorry about the smiley. Since she is not my child I decided to add that out of respect to her and her family's privacy.

I gutted a lot of the head (so her head could have some room) and I bought just a cheap baby beanie and stitched it inside the head with some pink ribbon in for tying it under her chin. You can't really see it but there is a pink bow on top of the monkey head, I had to overdo the pinkness so you could tell it was my niece and not my nephew Tongue  I took the hands and feet and made them into mittens and socks by simply adding elastic on the inside and trimming the tops in the same pink ribbon. She wouldn't keep the mittens on though Tongue The costume itself was just a long sleeve toddler shirt from WallyWorld with a oblong felt patch sewn to the front of it, and I just made basic pants from some scrap brown fabric I had laying around. Then I finished the cut end of the tail with some of the pink ribbon and we attached it to her via safety pin.

Her parents (my sister-in-law and brother-in-law) told me that EVERYONE stopped them to comment on her costume. They kept wanting to know where they got it . . . .

if only they knew the horror that cute little stuffed pets endure . . . .

I bought the monkey at Target and I was sad to see that now, there is a much smaller version of the stuffed animals . . . they are jumping on the band wagon of the neopets and they have these little tags on them with secret internet codes . . . they are the same price that I paid for this one, but they are smaller! I guess they think that the code is worth the difference in what the price would be without the code. I think not, though Tongue

I am afraid that some stuffed animals were harmed in the making of this halloween costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocolatebutton
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008 05:28:19 PM »

how very cute! great idea   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Munora
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008 06:06:37 PM »

That is sooo cute. If my family celebrated Halloween I would love to put that on my little guy. I could always play dress up with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not what you know, but what you do with what you know that is important.
Betty B. Cake
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008 06:09:43 PM »

Such an awesome idea, I am jealous that i didnt think of it! You did an excellent job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When life gives you Lemons...Squirt them in the eyes of your emenies!
Winnie
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008 08:51:05 PM »

haha, That is so cute!  I would have never thought of using a stuffed animal for costume parts xd.  Absolutely adorableee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008 05:12:57 AM »

Wow, that's awesome!   Cheesy  I love it!!  Yes, we have a few of the smaller Littlest Pet Shop toys around here.  I'm afraid we just don't have room for the big ones.  They are adorable, though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crumpets
"Stick that in ya juicebox and suck it!"

I have in IQ of 6000.The same as 6000 PE teachers.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008 01:44:24 AM »

Decaptiating that thing would have been fun.
Did you take any pictures?
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I adore personal swaps. I can sew (To a degree), Knit and Paint, so drop me a PM if you have /anything/ to swap!
europebound_84

Next best thing to an automatic dryer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008 09:29:24 PM »

Hahaha, I should have, but I didn't think about it at the time . . .

I'm working on an Elmo backpack for my niece for her birthday and did the same thing: Walmart has this Many Kisses Elmo and I had to gut a lot of him - but I guess I don't think about taking pictures of the stages, a lot of the times its because I think I do messy work, but in the final product, you don't see the mess cause its all inside and stuff Tongue

That would have been a really funny picture though, decapitated stuffed monkey . . . . I can see it with the caption "Bring me the head of John the Bap...Er ... Littlest Pet Shop Monkey, yeah, that's what I meant" Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Elf on a Shelf Doll
Time to Feast!
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Pie Wontons

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...