A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,640
Currently Running With Scissors:
253 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Panda and cowboy hoodies for one and all!  (Read 5563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

KitschyCoo
« on: September 25, 2008 04:34:44 AM »

I decided it was time to get over my zipper phobia and actually give it a bash.  So a made a panda hoodie for dd, fabric is corduroy and I love it.  Did ribbing at sleeves and hem and lined hood with black jersey (it is very silly to try to affix stretch and non-stretch fabrics).  This hoodie is a raglan construction and is a bit low in the back, next time I will try to take it in a bit, although I suppose it doesn't matter too much as you'd always have soemthing on underneath.  Next day, I made a cowboy hoodie for ds.  It is fully lined, the body with jersey (did I learn nothing?!) and the hood with organic flannel.  Next time I will line the whole shebang with flannel, but I didn't want to waste it if it wasn't going to fit.  I wanted it to be reversible and I almost managed it until I got to how to attach the ribbing at hem and sleeve, I just couldn't figure it out and I tried so hard my head started smoking.  Does anyone know how I can do this??!!  Anyway, my son loves it (I know, I almost fell over with shock) and couldn't wait to take pics.  Although he now thinks whenever he gets dressed he should have his picture taken and get a biscuit  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ineedart
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008 04:54:40 AM »

These are just adorable! I would love to make something like those for my kids. I love the cowboy fabric especially. Do you mind me asking where you got it? It is so fun! Great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
KitschyCoo
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008 05:07:23 AM »

Thanks!  It's a Michael Miller fabric and I think it's called Yippee Cowboy, you should be able to buy it on ebay or etsy I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008 05:37:49 AM »

Those are adorable!  I love them!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldy
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008 05:41:33 AM »

I'm no expert but I would construct the garment with the ribbing fixed to the outer layer then put in the lining and hand stich it in place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008 05:59:27 AM »

THose are adorable! Both hoodies and DD! Wink

Your zippers look smashing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
chocolatebutton
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008 06:08:53 AM »

i made a hoodie (also with a michael miller pattern  Cheesy).. but yeah i managed to get it sort of reversible until i messed up the ribbing on the bottom.
my hoodie was made out of three layers though, i had the outside fabric, fleece lining and a shower curtain between both layers.. so in all, 3 layers.. and i managed to get most of it reversible.
i'm not sure how i would do it with just the outside fabric and lining though.. i'm not sure if it would take the same method.

this is mine https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=268942.msg3030787#msg3030787

if you want to get it sort of like that, i can try and explain it for you.
but as i said i'm not sure if it would be the same for 2 layers of fabric and not 3.
if you know what i mean..  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocolatebutton
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008 06:10:17 AM »

and your hoodies are beautiful by the way! i got so carried away i completely forgot to mention how much i like them!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
matuta

separated and now back again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008 06:33:27 AM »

omg I have that second fabric with the cowboys! What a great use for it. It looks so amazingly cute! Now I want to make some of these jackets for my kids. Great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss American Pie
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008 06:35:10 AM »

Those are cute as a button! That fabric is perfect. love the "gangsta" pose...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...