A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,581
Currently Running With Scissors:
178 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where's the boobies?  (Read 3786 times)
Tags for this thread: breastfeeding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
canamharris
« on: September 14, 2008 08:53:22 AM »

So I know personally that when I was breastfeeding I did not want to lift my shirt up in front of everyone. So I had made myself a cover up. Sadly my coverup was not a good size. by the time my dd was 4 months old it didn't work anymore cause it wasn't long enough or wide enough and she liked to try to lift it up. (and seriously if she's going to lift it up then whats the point). So when a friend said she was prego I asked are you going to breastfeed. she said yes. I asked if she was modest like me and she was. so I went searching for something better. I found a tutorial and made her one. Sadly I never took pictures of that one and now the tutorial is gone. Now another friend is el prego and she too is a bit modest. (though this is her 5th! Though this one is the surprise baby. All her other children are almost grown up -17-9 years old). So I wanted to make her a classy booby buffer/hooter hider/nursing cover. I just used my memory and notes from the last one and here it is:

Thats me modeling it late at night. (yes that is the infamous daddy doll lurking behind me on the chair). As you can see I was modeling the superheroness of the cape like contraption. Hence the laser vision and super hero pose

Here is a detail of the hearts. I made the lines verticle on the fabric to be more "slimming" though really when you have a baby under there you can't really look slim.

now I just hope she likes it! Her baby shower isn't for another couple weeks. I'm just dying to see her open her gifts.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008 08:54:09 AM by canamharris » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissLittlePiggy
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008 03:28:17 PM »

Very nice, does the top part have some type of plastic boning in it, so that you can look down and check on the baby?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
canamharris
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008 04:04:50 PM »

Very nice, does the top part have some type of plastic boning in it, so that you can look down and check on the baby?

yes it does. Its based on the very expensive posh hooter hiders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010 10:45:49 AM »

I'm due in May and I really want to make one of these for myself, are there any tutorials out there that might help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
canamharris
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010 11:10:38 AM »

This is the tutorial I used. Its very easy. I tend to change the measurements a little to use a little less fabric then it calls for.

http://madebythemamamonster.blogspot.com/2008/04/nursing-cover-tutorial.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

besos_tan_dulces
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010 12:46:57 PM »

THANK YOU for posting this and for the tutorial!!!

I am due in Dec (yeah, still quite far away!) and i've been browsing the brand name versions of these and I do NOT want to pay $30+ plus shipping for something that looks like a 1/2 yd of fabric!

Thank u again, I bet ur friend will LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Expecting mini-De or mini-Mo on Dec 24, 2010!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...