A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
184 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I am not an artist. Help with easy art?  (Read 4188 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

bunnicula
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008 01:58:45 PM »

You could also try some magazine strip art:

-http://alittlehut.blogspot.com/2007/05/recycling.html

-https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229248.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melissaurus
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009 06:36:29 PM »

Another great, super-easy way to fill your place full of 'art' is to make 'found art'. Basically anything will look amazing when you put it in a frame- just make sure that you mount whatever you want to showcase behind something (construction paper or scrapbooking paper works great for this) - black goes nice with almost everything. We decorated my friend's house with tons of these frames, and we used things like pressed flowers, old coins, a five dollar bill, pieces of grass, an old letter of her mothers...the ideas are endless and they look fabulous.

And if you do have a digital camera, a very, very handy option is your macro button (most standard digitals now have it on them) It's the button that looks like a little flower. It lets you take really amazing close-up pictures of say, things like berries, leaves, flowers, your eye, etc.

And then just a little side-idea that you  might want to try and look into- colouring pages. I've found that colouring what's called a mandala can look really nice framed in a room. They're very intricate pieces of circular art that have a real interesting history behind them. And they're very fun and relaxing to colour. =P There are plenty of websites full of freely-printable mandalas you can play around with and colour.

Hope that helps you a bit. =)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bonesaw
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009 07:02:37 AM »

Stencils on canvas EZ wall art. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Illustrations, paintings and other knick knacks.

Party time all the time.

christianpena.etsy.com
swickered
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009 04:14:52 PM »

I love collage when I want something simple an impressive looking.  If you have an eye for color and texture, try layering different images, written words, papers, some paints, lace, buttons, etc on a support.  If you pick a theme, like an emotion, issue or event (love, hunger, a day at the beach), it helps to guide the project :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Huliganjetta

faster pussycat! kill! kill!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009 09:45:16 PM »

1)Stencil/trace an img. you like on to a canvas
2)take a ruler and drag out some of the lines you in the picture
3) start painting every time you hit a line change shade/tone/color
4)hang on wall
This is pretty much how one of my art teachers told us how to do simple cubism pieces.

Look into Islamic art, it's very geometric in nature. do some of your own geometric drawings and get some stamps (the kind used for borders) from your local paint/hardware store and do something with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Otis: I'm the one who brings the Christmas candy. Now tell me, who's your daddy? I'm the one who brings the devil's brandy.
Mother: Who's your daddy?
Otis: I'm the one who beats you when you're bad.
Baby: Who's your daddy?
Mother: Who's your daddy?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...