A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
205 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Xyron 900  (Read 5897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

leah
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2003 09:10:43 AM »

http://store.yahoo.com/stickermaker/xyron900new.html

Does anyone here have one of these? How good of a job does it do at double-sided lamination?

It doesn't use any heat or electricity so I wonder if it looks as good as the lamination that a copy shop would do...

Would be fun to have the power of lamination!  Not as much as fun the power of Grey Skull though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Piper
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003 12:43:44 PM »

I'be got a Xyron 510, which is basically the same as the 900 but the width is smaller. While the lamination doesn't look exactly the same as you would get at a copy shop, it does look fantastic! Plus you don't get those lines that sometimes you get from the ones at kinko's, for example.

I love my xyron. I've never had any problems with it. The magnet cartridges are so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jinxya26

But I gotta Rock!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003 06:38:23 PM »

Grin I have one too!! I love it because you can make stickers, and the lamination is wonderful. It's definatley worth your money!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckychere
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004 08:43:18 AM »

I had a Xyron at one point (we parted ways in a relationship breakup  Wink ). I never tried the double-sided lamination, but it worked great for single-sided/sticker back. My only real complaint was having to cut down the edges. Unlike a professional sticker or lamination job, you'll have to trim down, so if you've got a crazy shape, expect some serious X-acto playtime. I was doing lots of round stickers and it drove. me. bananas. But if that's not a concern, I'd definitely recommend one! It easy peasy to use, as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmichigan

long lost sister of rosie palm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004 06:09:08 PM »

hmmm, I always have to cut down my pro lamination; they will do it for me, but they usually crop to closely anyway!

I have the Xyron 900, posted a couple of projects I've used it for. The lamination turns out great. Make sure the cartrisge is lined up properly and that you use a slow and steady hand running it through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you like to go to a pants party?
miss_mom

Keeping my head above water .... barely!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004 07:05:07 AM »

Until recently (when I lost my job!!) I had free use of a pouch laminator similar to this one -

http://www.laminator.com/LaminatorsBindingMachines.asp?ProductID=329&ProductName=Banner%20PL12A%20Heavy%20Duty%2012

I loved it because you could do large as well as small items - I think the extra width was a great asset! Of course, it totally depends on what you are using it for ... I'm sure you can find some cheaper than this, but I think if I was going to buy my own, I'd hold out and save my pennies for a big one!

Of course, I haven't ever used a Xyron, but everyone that I have heard from said it's great!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  - Thomas Edison
tucsoncarol
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004 11:43:22 PM »

I have the Xyron 510 and I have to say the company is fantastic.  My first one broke after about 6 months, and I figured I was just hosed, so called to complain.  They told me they would replace it at Michaels (where I bought it) without a receipt because of an agreement they had.  When she found out it would be hard for me to get there, they just sent me a new one instead.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Wooden Spoons
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...