A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
127 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 18 discussion thread  (Read 51669 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 26, 2008 07:58:55 PM »

I finally finished something out of the numerous projects I started. It is an over the arm rest organiser. Made using the embroidery kit from Miss Violaceous. So look closely at the embroidery if you are picky. My photos are sideways. I try again tomorrow.

Also, I originally cut blue and red binding before realising that it didn't really match. I'm thinking of doing another with the flowers in red. Let me know if there's any interest.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008 08:23:08 PM by Sansa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: September 26, 2008 08:05:44 PM »

That's soooo beautiful Sansa! I love the colors and the way the whole thing goes together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 26, 2008 08:28:32 PM »

Thank you.   Grin

It's not an original pattern. It's from a magazine. One of several I have which prompted me to want to learn embroidery. Sometimes just a small amount can really lift a project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purpleone
« Reply #613 on: September 27, 2008 04:03:02 AM »

Sansa that's beautiful.

Calluna I love how you find such awesomely random titles! My local thrift stores only ever have old copies of Harry Potter and 1970s cookbooks Cheesy

I have space in the supply section of my shop; anyone looking for fabric? I need to de-stash a bit; mainly quilting cottons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #614 on: September 27, 2008 06:49:34 AM »

oh my, those are super cute robots! i would totally buy one.. but i ran out of points. =/

Heehee, thanks!  Don't worry.  I'm sure you'll earn some points soon.  Smiley

I'm thinking of making some scrabble tile pendants with the images on them for the next round, once I finish AM's bracelet!!

Happy Saturday everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aeronberry

mmm...fishy kisses....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #615 on: September 27, 2008 07:54:40 AM »

Sansa that's beautiful.

Calluna I love how you find such awesomely random titles! My local thrift stores only ever have old copies of Harry Potter and 1970s cookbooks Cheesy

I have space in the supply section of my shop; anyone looking for fabric? I need to de-stash a bit; mainly quilting cottons.

purpleone, I've been eyeing your crocheted earrings, and I can always use some more fabric  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edafedd - amigurumi patterns!
norea - jewelry, handbags, etc!
shop the swap!
purpleone
« Reply #616 on: September 27, 2008 08:00:58 AM »

Have added some Michael Miller, fishes and vintage roses fabric (pg 5 of the thread.) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #617 on: September 27, 2008 08:29:44 AM »

Vintage cookbooks can be a goldmine of fun, though. Maybe if you find a spectacularly awful recipe, make into altered art or something? I have this card I found at a yard sale with a pie that looks vaguely menacing, and here's a picture of it. Sorry it's not a better pic; my batteries were dying and I never got around to taking a new one. I'm using this card as a bookmark right now, till I decide what to make with it.

Have you seen Lilek's Gallery of Regrettable Foods?  Cheesy
http://lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html

Some vintage recipe art for the kitchen would be a blast to make. Since I'm nervous about going out to canvass voters in a few minutes (I'm really, really a bashful person IRL), I'm feeling rather silly right now. I am picturing a 1960's-1970's molded Jello salad framed with random flashing multicolored diodes added for effect... Grin How hard would it be to make something like that?  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

purpleone
« Reply #618 on: September 27, 2008 08:34:30 AM »

Hey LL! You may well be onto something; I'm thinking ageing cookbooks would be a great kitschy swap theme!

P.S. Good for you canvassing voters Smiley Over here in the UK we're watching the (seemingly never-ending) US presidential election with fascination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Its been a fun 305 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes here on Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #619 on: September 27, 2008 10:12:21 AM »

we're in election mode here in Canada too, they called it last month and we vote on Oct 14.    I don't know if that makes any difference in voter turnout but think I would be so tired of the whole deal if I had to be immersed in it for months and months and months......

I'm hoping to get a little crafting done today (well ALOT of crafting) and finish up my IYP package for Penlowe-I might be able to meet her in Austin next week to exchange!!  Anyone have any good ideas  of crafty/arty/fun places to go in Houston or Austin(we'll only be there for the day) let me know!  I get a few picks since I have to put time in with my best friend at the Galleria Roll Eyes   

Remember shopping for this round will be closed at noon EST tomorrow.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...