A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
226 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 18 discussion thread  (Read 51660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 24, 2008 08:26:38 AM »

Years ago i was working for a company that had the same sandwich thief issue, a couple peope got together to stop the thief and used two different ideas.
Day one- They put numerous lunches in the fridge with things like 'ham sandwich' written on them and then packed them full of chilli peppers, that weeded out one thief as they were throwing up for the next couple hours.
Day two- Someone still worried for their lunch hid behind the Staff room door each time someone went in there and eventually took a picture of the remaining sandwich thief. That photo was mailed to everyone in the company and posted up around the office. The person pictured quit through embarassment and no-one else stole any food so it worked.

Im not saying they are good ideas, but they worked for that office.

On a crafty note does anyone here do decopage? I have a bunch of sheets of it that came with other things that i will never use and am happy to put in my shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonfairy

Credendo Vides

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 24, 2008 08:32:57 AM »

littlebiskit those are hilarious!  Cheesy

moonfairy i'd love one with moveable joints!

I`ll start working on one tonight  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Its been a fun 305 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes here on Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #552 on: September 24, 2008 08:35:07 AM »

Its sure has been quiet around here this week....  

I am going to Houston for a week Sept 30-Oct 8, so I think sign-ups for the next round may start on Sunday Sept 28 so I can get the majority of them out of the way before I leave.  No idea whether I will have internet access so any new sign-ups will have to wait until I come home on Oct 8 if they haven't signed up between Sept 28-30.  Once we get all organized regarding a start-up time I will post on this thread to let ya'll know.

Just a reminder for all the new kids, a sign-up must be sent in for every round.  I do use the same swap spot and update the comment section for each round.  It is your responsibility to let us know that you are either continuing on (by sending in a sign-up) or wish to leave the swap (by sending a PM TO ALL ORGANIZERS telling us so).  As our mind reading abilities are nonexistent, please communicate!!!    To keep up with the feedback I will be closing out anyone that has met all the requirements to leave and that have NOT sent in a sign-up/pm saying they want to leave by midmonth of the new round.  A "poor communication" notation will be left in the comments.

Feedback will be given once all your outstanding claims have been received.  If you have more than 3 points you can join just to spend down to the required 3 points to leave.  Please spend your points down to 3, as any above that will go into the inflation fund once the swap is closed in your profile.  

Just a FYI- you may notice that the link for STS in the swap feedback slot leads to STS 7/2007.  That is because I use the same spot for everyone in the swap (whether you joined 10 rounds ago or this round).  When leaving feedback organizers have to put in all the information exactly the same each time or it won't update (and will make duplicate feedbacks and all kinds of other craziness)  This swap has over 40 people every month and logistically trying to keep track of who gets what date would be a nightmare.  So you all get the same date in the link BUT in the comment section there is always an updated record of all the rounds you participated in.  For stalking purposes I have included links to all the future rounds in the STS 7 post.  

Let us know if you have any questions!  Now everyone go shopping...... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
reese52
« Reply #553 on: September 24, 2008 09:29:44 AM »

Years ago i was working for a company that had the same sandwich thief issue, a couple peope got together to stop the thief and used two different ideas.
Day one- They put numerous lunches in the fridge with things like 'ham sandwich' written on them and then packed them full of chilli peppers, that weeded out one thief as they were throwing up for the next couple hours.
Day two- Someone still worried for their lunch hid behind the Staff room door each time someone went in there and eventually took a picture of the remaining sandwich thief. That photo was mailed to everyone in the company and posted up around the office. The person pictured quit through embarassment and no-one else stole any food so it worked.

Im not saying they are good ideas, but they worked for that office.

On a crafty note does anyone here do decopage? I have a bunch of sheets of it that came with other things that i will never use and am happy to put in my shop.

I love the ideas used to catch a thief.  I think it's a same someone would stoop so low and steal lunch. 
Bring your own lunch, darnit!!

Phizzychick does a lot w/ paper crafting.  I do some, but i have way too many in my stash already.  I recently met her IRL this past weekend and found out that her area in Spain has no crafting shops w/ paper products (ex. scrapbooking supplies).  She even suggested I put some of my paper stash in my shop and she would claim it.  I plan on sending her some ephemera and paper supplies since she gave me some stickers and extras w/ my claim from STS 17. 

Alteredmommy (and of course the co-organizers)  thank you for all the work you put into this swap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #554 on: September 24, 2008 10:51:03 AM »

That's too funny KatyMai.  I like the chili peppers idea.  Smiley

Yeah!  Three cheers for AM, Lapoli, and Loves2!  You guys are doing a great job!!!  Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reese52
« Reply #555 on: September 24, 2008 01:01:56 PM »

I can't seem to get away from making recycled cardboard boxes into notebooks.  Here's a few more I've added to my shop.

I Also started a new cassette tape coin purse.  It has the identical fabric and color of tape with the one pictured below except it has Guns and Roses Aerosmith  (I got it confused with another project) on the tape.  I figured out how to sew every part of it even the cassette to the fabric.  I despise using glue on everyday items that may wear off.  I have one more side to finish and it's going to be in my shop.  I hope 2 points isn't too much to ask for the item.  It is taking more time than I thought and some parts had to be hand sewn.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008 05:00:00 PM by reese52 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #556 on: September 24, 2008 02:05:18 PM »

those bags are amazing!

i would say have your hub put up a note that says "please stop stealing my sandwiches, my wife has our dog lick them especially for me" or something equally gross "who is stealing my horse meat and cheddar sandwiches?!?!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts WINTER Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #557 on: September 24, 2008 03:04:59 PM »

Hello lovely ladies, I have a huge favor to ask!      Undecided

The 12 Days of Christmas swap will be taking over my life for the next few months, and due to that, I need to be able to close my shop.  Right now I've got 2 points, so I need to try to get up to three.  I've marked everything in my shop down by half.

Pity claims are welcome, and thank you in advance!!!    Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 24, 2008 03:27:48 PM »

Lucky you, joining the 12 Days of Christmas. I was really tempted, but wussed out when my FIL got sick and I thought I might have to start work early. Even though I'll be working next year, I might stock up before hand (that's what I said this year) on some suitable things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2008 05:57:26 PM »

Just pray that Kish organizes again next year.  She got a little overwhelmed this year (tiny bit of drama) but she's a fantastic organizer, and I got a spot on partner.  Just enough the same, just enough different... wonderful!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...