A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
224 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 18 discussion thread  (Read 51699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
reese52
« Reply #340 on: September 10, 2008 05:45:05 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that loudxmouse!  Sad

Same here, I've had mine and my DH's car broken into plus 10 other cars in my old apartment complex.  One guy even left his car unlock, but they still broke is window.  Is that covered by car insurance since the ipod and gps system (not to mention the cost of fixing the broken window) maybe covered.  Mine wasn't since we were still both in school and had the very minimum covered.

Oh man, I'm sorry that happened to you loudxmouse! There sure are some sad people out there, I hope karma sorts them out for ya!

AM - I'm working through replacements for those that have gona astray and have contacted penguino (replacement artwork) and Miss V (remade and resending all 3 today) so far. The whimsy artwork for reese52 will be delivered next week since it came back to me! (not had one of those for a while Roll Eyes ) Grr! Unfortunately I've just run out of time before my hols so the rest will have to wait until I get back. I'm so sorry for my shoddy mail everyone...I'm begining to think I should just give up on this swap before someone sets up a free-Phizzy gallery somewhere! Roll Eyes

I really hope you don't quit the swap.   Cry  I'm already thinking about claiming some of your stickers, but I am going to wait until it is 7 days before we meet in Atlanta.  Since you will be delivering the whimsy artwork in person, I may as well claim just in time for you to hand deliver the stickers.  I love your products!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: September 10, 2008 05:49:28 AM »

Okay, question in re: bias tape foot:

So, I have this quilt that I've done... well, almost done.  It's pinned and ready to be quilted.  But I'm terrified of binding it.  Would this mystical bias tape foot help me not ruin my quilt do you think? 

(Seriously... that quilt is what got me into the rest of this unholy mess that is Craftster/swap addiction... lord help me....   Wink)

I wouldn't recommend using that foot to bind the quilt, but someone else might know different. You will do fine by yourself. I used the instructions from this book and it turned out great:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Quilting-Gardens-Creative-Collection/dp/0696218569

Quilting totally got me into crafting too, although I've only made one and it took several years...are you going to quilt it yourself? By hand or machine? I ended up taking mine to a professional quilter - she did a queen size by hand in less than 10 days.

and on another note - sorry to hear about the bad-news break-ins. yuck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2008 06:12:47 AM »

Thanks Reese, I've shut up shop now as we travel to the UK tonight...but I'll bring some with me Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2008 06:32:33 AM »

Quilting totally got me into crafting too, although I've only made one and it took several years...are you going to quilt it yourself? By hand or machine? I ended up taking mine to a professional quilter - she did a queen size by hand in less than 10 days.

Okay, this is going to be more than you needed to know, but:

When I was home with my daughter one day about a year ago, I was watching public TV (I have no cable) and there was a quilting show.  Ordinarily I wouldn't have stopped on that show, but I think I got distracted by Lily.  They started showing this simple block, and how you could make a dozen quilts with this one block, just repeated.  I think the analytical side of my brain got hooked.  So I asked for a sewing machine and quilting stuff for Christmas, and here I am!  That's what started it all. 

So here is the quilt top I've got done. 

I've got it all pinned together, and have quilted two straight lines through it, but am really terrified of the rest of the process, so it's been on hold for several months now.  I'm going to be machine quilting it "in the ditch."  And I mean, I can probably get through that part, but the binding has me scared to death.  It would be terrible if I put all this work into the quilt and then totally botched the binding, you know?  (And I do not quilt by hand!  LOL.  I don't have the patience for that.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Its been a fun 305 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes here on Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2008 07:11:46 AM »

your quilt is so pretty littlebiskit!  Have you tried practicing on scrap to get the hang of the binding technique? (I always have to do that with any sewing I do Roll Eyes)  good luck with finishing it up!

Sorry to hear about your breakin loudxmouse, thats a horrible thing to come out to.  RubyTuesday I can't believe your insurance bill Shocked, my 16 year old still hasn't got his license and I'm kind of wondering how much our insurance will go up when he does.  Guess it'll depend how tired I am of driving him around...

Safe trip Phizzy!!  How exciting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Its been a fun 305 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes here on Craftster

« Reply #345 on: September 10, 2008 07:17:54 AM »

Oh and I'll be marking off the outstanding claims from the list at the beginning of this thread.  If you haven't taken a look, please do!!!  These months with alot of claims seem to take forever to finish up.......

THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
mimiw
« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2008 07:30:56 AM »

littlebiskit - in my opinion the actual quilting process is way more terrifying than the binding so if you aren't scared to quilt it - go for it!!  Once it is completely quilted you can put on double fold quilt binding with the raw edges together and a 1/4" seam.  there are plenty of tutorials for doing the corners.  Seriously, it is the easiest part of the entire quilting process so don't be intimidated by it!

By the way, I would make sure you have a walking foot if you are planning on quilting in the ditch.  It makes it much easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2008 07:38:13 AM »

Loudxmouse, sorry to hear about the break in.  

Wow, that's a ton of outstanding claims.  Bad postal system!!  It just failed me again.  Sad  I sent a ton of fabric to Ptarmic and somehow it got lost in the mail.  Ugh.  Thank goodness we have time to replace it.

Mimiw, I need help with my quilting foot.  It doesn't like me.  Maybe I should use thinner batting?  I ended up quilting with my standard foot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2008 07:49:02 AM »

Mimiw, I need help with my quilting foot.  It doesn't like me.  Maybe I should use thinner batting?  I ended up quilting with my standard foot.

PM me and I will see if I can help  Smiley

Well, I am finally back home from the marathon house-shop-a-thon!  We looked at 28 houses in 2 days and I found 1 I like (and can afford)  Cheesy  I am putting in a offer today so keep your fingers crossed because I don't have a back up plan!  Plus, I am making an offer on a house before my hubby even sees it  Shocked

I am going to make it to the PO today and come back to hopefully do some shopping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #349 on: September 10, 2008 07:55:40 AM »

Congrats on finding a house, mimiw - hope you get it!

atsuko, I wonder if the mail carrier went awol with my mail sometime last week - I am waiting for a bunch of forms from my bank that should have been send around the same time and have never arrived. (somehow, someone managed to steal my debit card number on an atm/bank card that I never used as a debit card and buy stuff on the internet, and now I have to petition for my money back  Roll Eyes )

I have a binding foot, but I don't use it much.  On clothing I sometimes self-bind, but usually with fussy fabrics that don't work well in the foot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 28  instagram!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...