A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
352 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 18 discussion thread  (Read 51418 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2008 08:34:09 AM »

My son was contemplateing buying a button-up shirt for $70 with a black and white sugar skull print (I think its Alexander Henry) so after my comments on how pricey that was and I was sure it wouldn't be hard to make  uh.....I'd better learn how to sew more than a straight line soon.  and get over my fear of button holes.  and collars........

Kwiksew 2935. Convertible (easy) collar and rtw construction techniques   Smiley

atsuko, I classify rabbits in with squirrels and rabbits as varmint-rodentia.  We didn't have many rabbits downcounty, although there were a few neighborhood roosters....there is even a statue for Roscoe the rooster in downtown Takoma Park, erected after he was hit by a car.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 28  instagram!
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2008 08:40:31 AM »

There was a weird collectible shop where I used to live (it's gone now though), that had old magazines, ads, books and some toys.  They also had a big section that was just phone books, from all over the world and as far back as you could imagine.  Maybe you can find an antique shop or collectible place that might have some (they were rather inexpensive from what I can remember), and there's always eBay...

Also, collared shirts are hard.  I just finished a button down collared shirt for my son's 3rd birthday (it's Thomas, he LOVES Thomas).  It's wasn't my first collar, as I had very poorly put a collar on a PJ shirt (from a pattern) that did not go well at all.  This went much more smoothly, but the directions are still very vague and annoying.  I have had fabric for 2 button down collared shirts for my husband for like 2 years and keep putting it off, I used this shirt for my son as practice.  I think one more for my son and I should be ready to make one for my husband...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2008 08:43:09 AM »

I'll have to keep an eye on for you on my travels next week AM, you never know! I've not seen a phone book over here at all, I don't know where they're hiding them all Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2008 10:59:02 AM »

the phone books probly live with your mail Phizzy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2008 11:01:49 AM »

the phone books probly live with your mail Phizzy Grin

Scary...but that was what I was thinkin' too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2008 11:39:30 AM »

Ha probably! In some little arty grotto somewhere... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2008 11:56:07 AM »

True!  You might very well find your missing items at a little place named "The Phizzychick Gallery" Tongue  It's aggravating that the packages go MIA and are unaccounted for Sad

Yep. Sometimes I think it just slipped their mind that they received stuff from me and they forgot to send, but then I come to my senses and realise that they couldn't forget if what they made me was still sitting there Roll Eyes There's only so much reminding you can do before you feel like a fool and give up.

That's still not a nice thing to do Sad  Hell, I'd  be totally embarrassed if I forgot...  Hmmm.  Let me have their email addresses? Wink  I'll send them a note:

Dear Ms. Does-Not-Play-Well-With-Others,

You'll be smited by the Craft gods/godesses and you can expect 13 (or more...depending on the number of forgotten personal swaps) years of bad crafting mojo unless you make good your personal swap obligations!  You have 3 days to make amends!

Tick-tock, tick-tock,
Automated Bad Karma Generator
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2008 12:09:01 PM »

Thanks for the answers, i didnt think there was anything i could do but i wanted to check.
I shall just chalk it up to experience and only do personal swaps with people who have a good swap history from now on.

Anywayz on to a brighter note, i just threw out a LOT of old board games, but i kept most of the playing pieces, cards, etc. problem is i cant think of one single thing to make with them. Anyone interested in some if i stick some of it in my shop?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2008 12:19:15 PM »

Phizzy, I could whip up some personalized voodoo dolls for your bad swappers.  Smiley

KatyMai, sadly even good swappers flake.  Still I find that for every flaker there are lots of good swappers out there so don't give up. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cookies
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2008 12:21:13 PM »

Hey everyone!  Guess what this is (and guess who made it!):

I finally figured the calorimetry out!   Cheesy

And there's a new hankie in my shop!  These are good for more than just blowing your nose, girls.  Use 'em to clean your glasses, wrap stuff up in your purse so it doesn't get lost or scratched, wipe the sweat off your face in the summer, etc, etc, etc.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...