A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,837
Currently Running With Scissors:
219 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 18 discussion thread  (Read 51425 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2008 07:37:53 AM »

Iv never asked a question in here that noone has been able to answer, so excuse me if i pick your brains once again  Roll Eyes

If someone flakes on you in a swap, there is an angel service to make up for it.... What if someone flakes on a personal swap, do you have any comeback at all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2008 07:40:38 AM »

Unfortunately there is no recourse for personal swap flakeage.  Thats why personal swaps are not officially condoned by Craftster.  I'm sorry if that happened to you KatyMai, it really sucks to get flaked on Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2008 07:50:55 AM »

Bah, I'm sorry to hear that! I got flaked on in a personal swap this year too, it sucks! Sad If I came across them in an organised swap I'd ask not to be partnered with them, but other than that there's not really anything that can be done.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 07:57:44 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2008 07:55:23 AM »

KatyMai, I hope you didn't get flaked on.  I still dig personal swaps though I've been flaked on several times.  Maybe if you give them an out they'll come thru in the end. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator

« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2008 08:12:04 AM »

Yesterday I spent the day shopping with my teens (thats a horror story best left untouched  Shocked) but we also found time to go to the Body Worlds exhibition.  WOW!!!  It was really cool, a little unsettleing at times -I had problems with the plastinates (as they call them)looking at me, but I learned much more than I thought I would.  I was surprised to see how many people brought very small children though....   You can check it out here    www. bodyworlds.com

My son was contemplateing buying a button-up shirt for $70 with a black and white sugar skull print (I think its Alexander Henry) so after my comments on how pricey that was and I was sure it wouldn't be hard to make  uh.....I'd better learn how to sew more than a straight line soon.  and get over my fear of button holes.  and collars........

If anyone has phonebook pages in other languages I would certainly claim some.  My husband is leaving for Russia next week so I've been schooling him in the collection of ephemera but I think the "borrowing" of phone book pages may be too much for him!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2008 08:13:44 AM »

If I came across them in an organised swap I'd ask not to be partnered with them, but other than that there's not really anything that can be done.

Whoa.  You mean there are folks who know they have flaked on personal swaps and still have the b*lls to take part in regular Craftster swaps? Tongue  Wow.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
oneredboot
« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2008 08:16:17 AM »

i was gone for the weekend, but i see today that y'all were busy!!  so many fabulous new things in the shops.  i love phizzy's stickers, KatyMai's gorgeous jewelry, edud's Venice journal, and...and....  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2008 08:19:55 AM »

Yesterday I spent the day shopping with my teens (thats a horror story best left untouched  Shocked) but we also found time to go to the Body Worlds exhibition.  WOW!!!  It was really cool, a little unsettleing at times -I had problems with the plastinates (as they call them)looking at me, but I learned much more than I thought I would.  I was surprised to see how many people brought very small children though....   You can check it out here    www. bodyworlds.com

My son was contemplateing buying a button-up shirt for $70 with a black and white sugar skull print (I think its Alexander Henry) so after my comments on how pricey that was and I was sure it wouldn't be hard to make  uh.....I'd better learn how to sew more than a straight line soon.  and get over my fear of button holes.  and collars........

If anyone has phonebook pages in other languages I would certainly claim some.  My husband is leaving for Russia next week so I've been schooling him in the collection of ephemera but I think the "borrowing" of phone book pages may be too much for him!

AM -  I don't have any phonebook pages in other languages, but I do have an entire book about Marx in Russian. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator

« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2008 08:25:42 AM »

that must be some big book lapoli Smiley  I do have lots of books in other languages but have recently become obsessed with finding telephone book pages.  not that I have any yet........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2008 08:31:32 AM »

If I came across them in an organised swap I'd ask not to be partnered with them, but other than that there's not really anything that can be done.

Whoa.  You mean there are folks who know they have flaked on personal swaps and still have the b*lls to take part in regular Craftster swaps? Tongue  Wow.  
Yep. Sometimes I think it just slipped their mind that they received stuff from me and they forgot to send, but then I come to my senses and realise that they couldn't forget if what they made me was still sitting there Roll Eyes There's only so much reminding you can do before you feel like a fool and give up.

I know I forget things sometimes if I agree to do things at a future date because I don't have the time at that point to do it. So that is easily done. In fact I now ask people to remind me at a certain point so I know I can't forget Cheesy

AM, I saw that exhibition in London, I thought I'd feel terrible seeing it but it was so interesting and very educational!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...