A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
347 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 18 discussion thread  (Read 51434 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2008 04:42:34 PM »

Cookies, yay! I'm so glad you finished it!!! It turned out beautifully! Wink

A lot of people on Ravelry have commented that the calorimetry turned out really big--there are a lot modifications around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DropDeadSuzie

I've got blood in my mouth from biting my tongue.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2008 04:50:30 PM »

I went through a spurt of being flaked on a few times in a row..  but I've also been very fortunate to have some seriously stellar partners so i guess it all evens out!

People forget about the Invite Your Partner swaps! Use that for your personal swaps, where you and a partner sign up together and mutually agree on what to make, except it is an organized swap so there is feedback and an angel if someone flakes.

I got flaked on in an IYP SWAP! She used to be here in the STS swap too and  we became pretty good online friends and would exchange a lot of emails on here so I was stoked when she asked me to be her partner a few iyp rounds ago.. then Poof! she dissappeared - it honestly makes me sad because I really think she might have died or something. She seemed really dedicated to craftster and would always volunteer to angel in any swap.. she lived alone too so I really think that something bad happened to her and now I'll never know. Sad

ok.. that was kind of a downer right there.. Need to go spend some points to cheer myself up! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2008 05:05:17 PM »

Hmm, that's bad about the Calorimetry. I want to make the Owlorimetry but the pattern assumes that you are familiar with Calorimetry first.

Further to our discussion about Australian birds, there is a tapesty kit in my shop to make your own Rosella. I bought it for the wool becasue I was having trouble finding Worsted Weight here. I'm currently in a sock yarn mood so I haven't touched it yet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2008 05:07:24 PM »

I could make that Owlorimetry. I found a pic by googling but not the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2008 05:08:13 PM »

I saw the Owlorimetry the other day--it's really cute!

If the calorimetry is too big, you may want to try looking around on Craftster for the panta pattern that's here.  It is specific about the size of your head, so there's more guarantee that it will fit at the end. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2008 05:12:01 PM »

It's here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=169294.msg1727262
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2008 05:19:45 PM »

I saw the Owlorimetry the other day--it's really cute!

If the calorimetry is too big, you may want to try looking around on Craftster for the panta pattern that's here.  It is specific about the size of your head, so there's more guarantee that it will fit at the end. Smiley

You can also custom-fit a too-big calorimetry that you've already finished by using two buttons instead of one and buttoning both ends, doubled over underneath your hair. That's what I did with the chunky green one that was in my shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2008 05:49:48 PM »

All this talk about flakers is crazy.  I can't believe people wouldn't just feel horrible!

I went on a house hunting marathon today!! 13 houses in 6 hours and we have 15 to see tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed we find something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2008 06:47:15 PM »

DDS, sorry to hear about your friend.  I had that happen to me too...this lady was really very nice and made tons of things for Lana, but then she moved and left Craftsters completely. It was such an abrupt end.

Mimiw, woot!!  I hope you find a great house soon.  *fingers crossed!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cookies
« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2008 07:36:37 PM »

Yeah, when I was frustrated with the calorimetry, I searched for the panta patterns here on craftster.  But they looked even more confusing!!  Then I found a blog where the girl said 120 stitches was too much, and she used 80-something stitches for a 22 inch head.  Having a big head, I thought 100 would be good, and it turned out perfect.   Smiley  It helped A LOT that I put a stitch marker right in the center, so I could go back and count every time I got distracted or thought I screwed up without having to start counting from the beginning.   Grin  And I did have a semi-major screw up, but I don't think it's noticable, especially when I'm wearing it...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...