A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
229 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 18 discussion thread  (Read 51856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2008 12:29:14 PM »

Well done Cookies! 

Your calorimetry (I have a totally different definition of that word in my mind Tongue) looks great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2008 01:22:02 PM »

Congratulations Cookies, it looks great!! Grin

KatyMai, don't let it put you off. Like atsuko says, there's plenty of good swappers to balance those who flake! Grin

Though that said, I was an angel for someone recently and they received a few days ago and I've heard nada from them. Don't know if they liked it or not. I had to PM the organizer to see if they had received Undecided I think that's got me down more than the personal swapper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2008 01:27:07 PM »

I've done a fair amount of personal swaps over the past couple years, and recently things have gone downhill. It's to the point that I even have a line in my siggy about it. So, I only swap with those I've swapped with before. (I used to just say people who had good swap history, but I had someone flake on me recently that I *thought* was a good swapper. However, even with two reminder pm's, she still hasn't sent me anything.)

Luckily I've swapped with a lot of Craftsters, so I've still got a big pool of potential personal swappers. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reese52
« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2008 02:13:46 PM »

I've only done one personal swap and it was a recent partner from an organized swap.  We only swapped materials not actual crafted items.  The sun bottle caps were from her and I sent her items for soldering microscope slides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2008 02:32:53 PM »

How can a person remain on a board that has flaked on someone??

I've not done too many personal swaps on this board, but I've swapped with folks online for over 5 years and haven't had a single flake ... guess my day is coming, eh? 

I did win an ebay auction for a beautiful table loom for a super low price that had a shipping of $30, only to have the sellers turn around and tell me it would be $160 to ship!!!  No way!  I turned them in to ebay but didn't get anywhere.

I had a busy weekend - canned up a bushel of peaches (21.5 quarts) and sliced & dice a bushel of sweet peppers to freeze.  Only 1.5 bushels of sweet peppers left.  Those will be dried, then ground and combined with dried onions and garlic AND/OR I will be canning some too. 

Made 20 LB of soap over the weekend too - ones I've been out of for a couple months - Lavender and a Mother Earth.  They should be appearing in STS 19 ...

I may be offering some llama fiber on STS 18.  mother gave me 5 or 6 huge bags of raw.  None if it is sorted, there is white and some pretty brown.  There is some VM, probably some 2nd cuts and a combo of prime and leg/neck/belly fiber. 

I have to find make some time to do an initial sort and remove the leg/neck/belly fiber and then offer it for a low-low point value if there is any interest.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 02:37:40 PM by mullerslanefarm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2008 02:44:43 PM »

Ooh those soaps sound good, and the peaches!

I've been on here 3 years or so I think and only had 1 flaker from an organised swap (in over 60 swaps!) and one personal flaker so I think that's a pretty good record. Plus the angel for that organised swap sent me some fantastic things that I still treasure so it's all good. Karma has a way of working stuff out.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 02:47:15 PM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2008 02:45:08 PM »

People forget about the Invite Your Partner swaps! Use that for your personal swaps, where you and a partner sign up together and mutually agree on what to make, except it is an organized swap so there is feedback and an angel if someone flakes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Its been a fun 305 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes here on Craftster

« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2008 02:58:11 PM »

yup, IYP is the way to go.... by the way Round 10 is in signups right now!

I've a question to ask you gals who make soap, how do you make liquid hand soap?  I assume its probly as easy as shaving bars of soap and mixing it with water.  I'd like to have some thats made of more natural kind of ingredients.

Awesome job on the calorimetry Cookies!  That pattern confuses the crap out of me Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2008 03:11:51 PM »

Plus, the gallery makes the IYP swap more fun. I did an organised swap and only two of us signed up. It was fun, but after posting the parcel, there wasn't anything to do while you waited for the parcel to arrive. The gallery was very small.

I should troll for a partner here. I really want the Gryffindor Fair Isle bag for my dd. Anyone here interested in anything I make?

I've had one flaker and my angel flaked too. Mostly my swapping experiences have been good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2008 04:39:50 PM »

Cookies -You're caloriometry looks great!

I made a caloriometry for sewknitter - I found the pattern extremely frustrating - I think I ended up knitting it three times and it was still too big...

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...