A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
241 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 18 discussion thread  (Read 51448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2008 02:33:30 PM »

We had to have a family of raccons live-trapped earlier this summer. We would have left them, but they were living under our deck and weren't afraid of me or the dog. And our dog is so docile, the babies could have easily taken her out.

Now, we've got a skunk. I think we've managed to block him out from under the porch, but the other night he was digging in our yard. Sigh, I need to remember to go buy some tomato juice for the inevitable skunk spray on our dog. She's so quiet, she could probably walk up to him without him even knowing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2008 02:42:26 PM »

Rainbow Lorikeets will be hear in a few more weeks to eat the mangoes. We get the Black Cockatoos then as well. The white ones are here all year on and off.

We see the odd koala as well, but to be honest, they aren't very exciting. They are nocturnal so its unusual to see them doing anything but sleeping. They stink and if you try to touch them, they violently attack you, apparently. Of course, so do emus, but they are much bigger so you get a good look from a safe distance. Full disclosure. The emus are on the farm, not our actual backyard. Hubby sees them at work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2008 02:58:56 PM »

here i sit picking acrylic yarn out of my provisional cast on and renewing  my hate for synthetic yarns... blech! seems even more a shame since I am knitting a lovely harf (hat/scraf combo....seriously) with silk/merino handpsun!
oh yes....I am also uploading pictures of the new jewelry that I made a few days ago:D

EDIT: yarn and jewelry up in my shop!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 04:45:03 PM by loudxmouse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts WINTER Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
aeronberry

mmm...fishy kisses....

« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2008 03:56:27 PM »

I love lorikeets - it's hard to believe that they just hang out there like boring doves and stuff do here (doves are pretty, don't get me wrong, but not nearly as interesting).  I would just sit outside with nectar cups all day and feed them  Grin.
I can imagine that wild koalas would be mean, but they're still too frickin' cute.  One of my dreams is to hold one (and try really hard not to steal it).  And wombats! 
Ok, if either of you want to put some Aussie animal stuff in your shops, you know who will claim them  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edafedd - amigurumi patterns!
norea - jewelry, handbags, etc!
shop the swap!
reese52
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2008 06:07:02 PM »

here i sit picking acrylic yarn out of my provisional cast on and renewing  my hate for synthetic yarns... blech! seems even more a shame since I am knitting a lovely harf (hat/scraf combo....seriously) with silk/merino handpsun!
oh yes....I am also uploading pictures of the new jewelry that I made a few days ago:D

I clicked on your signature and didn't realize that it was still pointing to round 17 shop.  I'm off to look at your round 18 shop.  I'm hoping to have new items in my shop soon.

We have the usual squirrels in our backyard.  I do see an occasional deer since there are wooded areas further back into our yard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2008 07:10:39 PM »

we've had a squirrel visiting our backyard lately and he's looking to bury nuts.... absolutely adorable and he doesn't seem to mind people much. it seems that keeping the back a tangle of weeds and overgrown plants is a draw for wildlife, first we had the fox family now a wee squirrel! should i leave some nuts out for him do ya think?

It sounds like everyone has much more interesting critters around than I do. Corduroy Cat, when I was little I used to go with my mom for her regular exercise walks at the park where there were tons of squirrels. To keep me from getting board she would load me up with peanuts to feed them as we walked. They got used to me, and some cute elderly folks who did the same thing, and after a while would almost take them from our hands. They would get up to about a foot away from my hand before they would get too spooked and give it up. It was a lot of fun for kid...but actually, I still think it would be a lot of fun  Smiley. I did happen to see a deer the other day that not only had antlers, but the fuzzy kind. Pretty cute. He was just grazing on the side of the road.

I added something to my shop. Here's a preview:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2008 09:34:59 PM »

I know there are foxes and coyotes in Rockville - I've seen the foxes, and we used to get notices at work to beware of coyotes in the parking lot when I worked in Gaithersburg. My parents have had coyotes, deer, and a big snapping turtle in their driveway, and they live inside the beltway.   Now we sometimes get memos to beware of bears and mountain lions in the parking lot at work  Roll Eyes

I've got a mask form on order that I'm hoping is sturdy enough to use as a form for wet felting. I'm not sure how successful anything that I try will be, but with Halloween coming up, are there any types of felted masks that anyone might be interested in? I want to start with a few things that are closer in form to the human face before trying anything more complicated....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 28  instagram!
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2008 10:35:32 PM »

WHOOPS! I need to fix that soon!

I clicked on your signature and didn't realize that it was still pointing to round 17 shop.  I'm off to look at your round 18 shop.  I'm hoping to have new items in my shop soon.

We have the usual squirrels in our backyard.  I do see an occasional deer since there are wooded areas further back into our yard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts WINTER Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
corduroy cat
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2008 02:07:11 AM »

awh it's so fun to hear about everyone's wildlife! i agree that the aussies win for cool animals though Smiley in california i had possums, coyotes, racoons, skunk and green parrots (there's a wild pack that flies around the los angeles area, lol). i loved the possums but my mom thinks they are evil cause of their sharp teeth and glowing eyes, teehee.

ptarmic if you need some examples of masks i think one of my felting books has some.

also, i forgot to mention i have a couple halloween things in my shop now, including a felted zombie finger Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2008 06:03:02 AM »

Ptarmic, what about all the cute little bunnies in Rockville?  Lana has been watching a funny couple--a squirrel and a 1-eared bunny that are best friends.  They meet each morning in our neighbor's yard and sit together.  It's very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...