A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
133 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 186544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ccswch
« Reply #2560 on: December 02, 2008 05:39:54 AM »

I forgot to add insurance. OMG I didn't even remember until just now and now I'm going to be worrying until it arrives Sad Dang!!! Anyway, here is what I sent, all wrapped up before cramming it in the box, days 12 - 6...

And since day 2 was added later I had to get a picture of it separately...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2561 on: December 02, 2008 06:04:22 AM »

days 12-7 and day 1

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2562 on: December 02, 2008 06:11:20 AM »

I'm honestly not saying this to brag so I hope no one takes offense to it, but...

I am SO glad I don't have to ship anything.  First of all, many of my items are breakable. 

Second of all, when I read how much trouble you all went through, how for some it's not track-able, how you want to add insurance, etc... it makes me glad I'm just going to have to drive it half an hour to mimiw.  I trust my driving on the beltway, so I'm not worried at all.

Still, when I read everyone else's posts, there's a tiny part of me that ALWAYS panics at the thought that I AM GOING TO HAVE TO DO THAT oh wait... no I'm not.

Anyway, I hope everyone's packages make it to their destinations in a safe and timely fashion, and I'm sure that they will be fine. 

Mimi and I are going to exchange gifts on Sunday if she hasn't burst by then (!!!), and... if she has, then we'll have to figure something else out.  Tongue
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008 06:24:09 AM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2563 on: December 02, 2008 07:23:45 AM »

Alright, Days 12-7 and day 2 have been officially mailed.  I went with flat rate prioirty because it was the cheapest.  I also have my other days finished, but have to wait until friday to mail them because of payday.  And, have decided it would probably end up being cheaper to mail the rest in just one big box instead of the flat rate boxes.  But, im going to wiegh everything in one big box first and then compare.  Anyways, the good news is Im all done crafting & wrapping, box #1 is sent, and box#2 will be sent on Friday.  Am I the only one thats totally exhuasted out from all this?  My hands hurt, but then again, cold weather makes them hurt, but then from all the crocheting.  Then again, Ive been crafting for this and for all my family and realitives at the same time, so ive been pretty much living and breathing yarn.   Grin And Jenicat, I think thats so cool how you and your partner are meeting up to open presents.  Thats going to be sooo much fun for you two.  And, man!  Think of the money you two saved by not having to ship the gifts!   Grin  Alright Im off to pm my partner and kish with the DC# of my first box.   Grin

Edit:Thanks kish for organizing, im sure this swap has been VERY time consuming.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008 07:31:40 AM by missmoppet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2564 on: December 02, 2008 08:21:59 AM »

I am sending by this friday everything in a regular box. When we ship things to my brother, it usually weighs 35 lbs. and costs $20. So I am just using a regular box to ship. After I finish the last finishing touches, I am going to wrap and add bows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartzb
« Reply #2565 on: December 02, 2008 08:57:32 AM »

How many people are fully planning to stay up until 12:01 am every night to open their gifts as soon as possible?

*raises hand*    Cheesy

A LOT of swappers did this last year Tongue

Yep, I'll be one of these. I was a kid who started trying to wake my parents up at 4:00 Christmas morning and went back every half hour until they finally got up!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.com
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

« Reply #2566 on: December 02, 2008 11:25:44 AM »

yay! I finished crafting.  Due to money issues (ugh) i'm sending me last package saturday, after payday. Just have to wrap everything tonight. Now time to craft for the family.....ugh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
koalascout
« Reply #2567 on: December 02, 2008 11:29:27 AM »

i sent part of mine yesterday will mail the rest out tomorrow. will pm dc#s either tonight or tomorrow after i mail everything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sonjabegonia
« Reply #2568 on: December 02, 2008 11:32:20 AM »

Whew!  I've been away from Craftster for over a week with the holidays, travel, and being sick, so catching up was quite a task!

Days 5-12 have been shipped.  I, too, am a tissue paper fan, so MissMoppet will be opening up a very colorful box later in the month.

Days 1-4 are still in progress.  Everything has been started, but needs completion.  Have to assemble some of Days 1 and 3, finish one of the Day 2 items, and Day 4 can only be done in good sunlight. 

I can't believe how quickly the time has flown!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy - www.etsy.com/shop/OCCASIONsonjabegonia

Facebook  - www.facebook.com/occasionsbysonjabegonia

Tumblr - sonjabegoniach.tumblr.com
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #2569 on: December 02, 2008 11:38:16 AM »

Tonight's plan (after Lily is in bed) is to put the finishing touches on Day 5, and get a good running start at Day 4 and repairing Day 2.  That should leave me just struggling with Day 3 on the weekend (after baking on Saturday of course).  Ugh! 

Of course, the first part of tonight will be spent rearranging my living room in order to put up our tree, and further babyproofing the house, since my husband is paranoid.  His boss' granddaughter (same age as Lily) somehow managed to sever her finger this morning, and so husband, who was Mr. Safety to begin with, will be on a safety rampage.  Oy.  Wish me luck in not killing him.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...