A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 173611 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 19, 2008 05:02:58 AM »

mlooyloo take out the [/IMG]. crafstster doesnt like when you repost/quote a pic!! Smiley

Luv you! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
hellobint
DuckyFuzz craft

craftastic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #971 on: September 19, 2008 05:31:01 AM »

so, now i think we should start a new discussion...

1) for those of us who participated last year, what was your favourite item and why?

2) for the newbie christmas swappers, what is your favourite crafted christmas present ever and why?

so my answer to Q1 - my favourite part was the baked/chilled goods element i got for day 6 (i think) last year - i'm being a little bit vague as i would recommend 2711's new partner this year request the same again, and i don't want to spoil the surprise!!  hi 2711!.  Such a simple enjoyable thing, done in a clever way that i had not seen or thought of before - they lasted about 2 days before all being munched Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting the love x
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #972 on: September 19, 2008 06:02:30 AM »

2) for the newbie christmas swappers, what is your favourite crafted christmas present ever and why?

When I was younger, and still VERY much into doing the Ren Fest thing (never worked there, just went a lot and tended to dress up) my aunt (she's actually on craftster: panul) made me the most beautiful Ren Fest costume!  I've still got it, though if I plan on wearing it again, it'll likely need some alterations, as it was made for me pre-reduction surgery, and I think I'm a different size in general now.  (Though with the lacing, I'm sure it's quite forgiving.)  It's a gorgeous four piece costume, with a blue peasant blouse, blue under skirt, and an over-skirt and bodice made from a thicker blue/gold material.  It's SO pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
SewingLori
« Reply #973 on: September 19, 2008 06:19:10 AM »

(\(@v@)/) *virtual hug by girl with glasses*

I thought these were boobs.... I guess the picture of the butts put my mind in the gutter. Smiley

Last year in the swap I got a few pair of dangly earrings. I still wear them all of the time. I think that was day 6.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #974 on: September 19, 2008 06:28:07 AM »

hhhmmm . . . note to self (partner likes earrings)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #975 on: September 19, 2008 06:55:14 AM »

I am happy with my partner. We do have some things in common and as others have said it is all part of swapping. Sometimes you have something in common, sometimes you don't. But there has to be at least one thing that you and your partner will have in common.

I am actually having fun figuring out what I will make. I am making a list as well as drawing up ideas the rest of this week and weekend so I have a set plan for what I am doing. And hey I may only know how to knit and purl but I have always wanted to learn to cable so I am definately going to do this. Besides it doesn't look that hard, this coming from someone who can sew a formal dress and vest in three days, drafting the pattern, lining, zippers, everything. So things tend to look real easy to me.  Grin

I LOVE CABLES!

They are so fun Cheesy You will be fine Smiley - If you have troubles PM me and I'll try to find the instructions I used to learn, they must have been good because I had NO problems the first time, and I am not a "learn from the book" kinda gal.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #976 on: September 19, 2008 07:00:34 AM »

I am happy with my partner. ......And hey I may only know how to knit and purl but I have always wanted to learn to cable so I am definately going to do this. Besides it doesn't look that hard, this coming from someone who can sew a formal dress and vest in three days, drafting the pattern, lining, zippers, everything. So things tend to look real easy to me.  Grin

FirstKiss bluwave06
Second, you are a braver soul than me.  I have yet to knit those cables.  As a child a learned to knit lefty so I fear the whole brain-switching pattern possibilities.  Ah, one day though...one day.
Third, you are so talented.  I admire all those who sew, especially clothing.  It fascinates me to no end.  That is why I'm trying to learn to machine sew, well I can do very, very simple things, but you have to start somewhere, right?
Finally, I am going to say it again.  I'm loving this swap.  There is nothing like a big, long swap.  (I'm still dreaming of another round of the giant multi theme swap.  Crazy, I know.)I think I'm more excited to push my crafting envelope, well that and all the craft shopping I get to do.  Grin

Thanks. You are talented too. Machine sewing is very easy, I know one thing I am going to put together.  Grin

Bluewave, totally try it out!!!  cableing is soooo fun!  Just remember that it is just knitting the stitches in the wrong order.  Thats it!  Its a little bit fiddly, but really, it is still just knit and purl!

Thanks. I learned how to knit last xmas, it only took a day. But I have been so badly wanting to do cables as they look so fun and cool to do, just never got around to it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Silly

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 19, 2008 10:30:34 AM »

A little late to the discussion on this, but I am very sorry kish for all the pain this swap has caused you.  My partner has different tastes than I do, but I still think this is going to be an awesome swap.  We all have different likes/dislikes, skill levels, beliefs, whatever, but Christmas is for the spirit of giving and accepting others for who they are.  Love and peace on earth and all that, right?  Even with swaps in general, if I swapped because I liked to get, I have to be honest, I would have been quite disappointed in a few that I've done (although very, very happy in others!)  But I swap because it's fun to make things I think someone else will like, or that I hope they will like, and to craft without reason for someone else just for fun Smiley It shouldn't matter who that person is.  I don't think anyone put "I am a convicted rapist" on their questionaires, so I don't know why anyone would have a problem with who they're paired up with.

Anyway, I got in the creative spirit last night and whipped up some crafts I'm pretty excited about.  Day 9, at least, is in the bag Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By the way, I never liked your face.
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

« Reply #978 on: September 19, 2008 10:33:50 AM »

i have my items but not my days sorted....i brough my partners info to work and between calls i'm jotting stuff down....i plsn on shopping and crafting tomorrow.....i'm so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #979 on: September 19, 2008 11:10:23 AM »

Who wants a peak at my plans for Day 1 for celticgoddess?  It's just a rough sketch/idea, but I love input!  PM me your email addy to take a peak!  Heeheehee....

*runs off to do more plotting!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...