A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
164 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 186543 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
mclianne

Don't sweat petty things... or pet sweaty things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2890 on: December 20, 2008 11:43:34 AM »

Totally have to agree. I have a husband and a craft room and 12 Days wrecked my WHOLE house. But I have the best husband. When I would get stresed over it he'd reassure me "we'll get it done" and "we'll start earlier next time". Apparently, we're a crafting team Smiley

Ok, I am officially JEALOUS of you!  My husband hates my crafting.  Starts making comments about how if I have time to craft, I have time to do projects around the house.  Asks how long my supplies are going to be out, even if they have been out less than 12 hours.  And questions my commitment to my family because i am spending time, money and energy on "someone you don't even know"!

Can we trade...? lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

http://www.wists.com/mclianne
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2891 on: December 20, 2008 11:58:45 AM »

to all those that have SO's that don't understand the whole swapping thing......you should show your hubby the posts that your partners and fellow swap participants make about the lovely crafts you send. mr.kish has always been supportive of my crafting but didn't really understand the reason for swapping. ever since i showed him all of the comments my poly clay things receive from my partners he fully understands that sending something made with time and care to a person you "don't even know" is what makes me and my partner happy. and since he has gotten into the receiving end of swapping, he appreciates it even more. maybe y'all should do one of those swap for my SO swaps. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. [email protected]
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2892 on: December 20, 2008 07:55:12 PM »

My hubby is happy that I swap because it keeps me sane.  I've been through some very serious depression the past 4 years, and crafting keeps me grounded.  That sounds silly to say when you've got a kid and a wonderful guy to keep you company, and of course I'm happy about them, but I'd be bored out of my wits if I had nothing to do while my daughter is napping, eating, or playing.  I need to have time to myself to do something I enjoy.  I can't allow my life to be solely about being a mom.  My daughter is, hands down, the most important thing in my life and I would die for her in an instant... but I still need to retain a part of myself FOR myself.

Crafting allows me to get out of the house once in awhile, and to zone out sometimes.  And it honestly makes me feel productive.

What are your husbands' hobbies?  Do they like cars, video games, motorcycles, reading?  It's the same deal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My Loves

« Reply #2893 on: December 20, 2008 08:28:38 PM »

My hubby is happy that I swap because it keeps me sane.  I've been through some very serious depression the past 4 years, and crafting keeps me grounded.  That sounds silly to say when you've got a kid and a wonderful guy to keep you company, and of course I'm happy about them, but I'd be bored out of my wits if I had nothing to do while my daughter is napping, eating, or playing.  I need to have time to myself to do something I enjoy.  I can't allow my life to be solely about being a mom.  My daughter is, hands down, the most important thing in my life and I would die for her in an instant... but I still need to retain a part of myself FOR myself.

Crafting allows me to get out of the house once in awhile, and to zone out sometimes.  And it honestly makes me feel productive.

What are your husbands' hobbies?  Do they like cars, video games, motorcycles, reading?  It's the same deal.

my hubby is a video game geek and he loves mma, if he could live where he trains he would Grin his training buddies laugh at my crafting, they say only old women knit Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
superhooker
like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2894 on: December 20, 2008 08:41:59 PM »

My husband is also big into training, but him and his friends are always asking me to knit them fingerless gloves for sparring, or earflap hats to wear while they jog, or I-pod holders that strap around the arms...  I just finished knitting a giant earflap hat that was super stretchy, to fit over a 12 inch glued-up mohawk...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2895 on: December 20, 2008 09:46:12 PM »

A hat for a 12 inch mohawk!  Oh my gosh!   Cheesy  What a riot.

My husband loves MMA too and video games... he's awesome.   Grin

And talk about OLD*, tattooedcrafter... when I was 19 I had gallstones, and had to have my gallbladder removed AND I knit then too, so my doctor teased me about being a 60-year old woman in a 19 year-old's body.

*By the way, I'm not saying 60 is old.  I think it's entirely the mentality of the individual.  I used to work with two 62 year old women; one was incredibly old, and the other was 28 at heart. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008 09:47:12 PM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My Loves

« Reply #2896 on: December 21, 2008 07:32:23 AM »

A hat for a 12 inch mohawk!  Oh my gosh!   Cheesy  What a riot.

My husband loves MMA too and video games... he's awesome.   Grin

And talk about OLD*, tattooedcrafter... when I was 19 I had gallstones, and had to have my gallbladder removed AND I knit then too, so my doctor teased me about being a 60-year old woman in a 19 year-old's body.

*By the way, I'm not saying 60 is old.  I think it's entirely the mentality of the individual.  I used to work with two 62 year old women; one was incredibly old, and the other was 28 at heart. 
My grandparents are both 65 and they act like kids sometimes a lot of the time and they are super funny, my grandpa has lung cancer and had part of his lung removed, when he woke up from surgery he ask my grandma if he looked thinner, because he felt a half a lung light Grin they always make for an interesting game of apples to apples.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
koalascout
« Reply #2897 on: December 21, 2008 11:59:56 AM »

sorry i haven't posted in a couple days. i will have my pictures update my morning.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rainbow_Storms
« Reply #2898 on: December 22, 2008 06:59:56 AM »

I've updated my gallery! days 8-5 are up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Just PM me!

I've recently gotten into blythes; check out my blog about mine here:
http://saffron42.livejournal.com
http://deliagrey.etsy.com
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2899 on: December 22, 2008 11:47:24 AM »

my family is very tollerant of my crafting (thank god lol)  but they definitely have their moments of wishing that  I didn't craft. (typically right in the middle of my making something that I was deeply inspired to do and have, as a result, tossed unrelated materials everywhere in search of the materials I wanted)  When we were house searching hubby said to find one that had a room 'big enough to contain you and all your crap'  I found such a house and he decided that room was better as a bedroom and then decided said room would be our livingroom instead.  So he gets to deal with the mess all over the house.  He has a rather difficult time with the big swaps which are my favorite swaps to do, because I end up with 10-20 projects going at one time and have 'crap piles' in different areas of the house.  but all in all he's a real good sport about it all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...