A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
206 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: image transfer to tile  (Read 1593 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Chri7s
« on: February 21, 2005 05:44:06 PM »

I recently saw an episode of Crafters coast to coast in which they made a tile coaster onto which they transfered an ink jet image. They printed a reverse image and then painted down the tile with HuhHuhHuhHuh??. Next they placed the image onto the tile and ironed it to transfer it. Once dry they submerged the tile in water and rubbed off the paper leaving the image on the tile. Does anyone know what medium is used on the tile? I have searched all over (including the show's website) and can find no information. Help!!!!!
Chris
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itsallhappening
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005 02:46:06 PM »

Not sure what they used, but you could try this stuff called Lazer tran. I have some, but have never actually used it, so I can't offer any advice... But you could research online
THIS ROCKS   Logged
you file
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005 02:58:18 PM »

i was just trying to find that episode of the website but i cant remember when else they made on there..... if i remember correctly, i want to say she used like an acrylic gel medium or something? or was it that translucent polymer clay? cause that also transfers images... i dont know! sorry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Talon
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005 03:03:02 PM »

Photo Emulsion

Is this what you're looking for?  It's not exactly the process you described, but it sounds like it'll work.  Instead of painting the surface with something, they printed the reverse design on "photo transfer paper." (No idea what that is, or where to get it...)

Hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chri7s
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005 11:02:24 PM »

I believe it was an acrylic gel medium but I am not sure.  I may spring for some and try it.  I'll let you know how it turns out but if anyone out there knows for sure what the process is please, please, please let me know and save me hours of experimentation.  Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
punkrockgirl

Breathing fire doesn't look good on a resume'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005 12:58:23 AM »

http://www.decalpaper.com/

The waterslide decal sheets seem like something that would work for you. (I know that's probably not what they used, but it might work.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EnchantedSushi
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005 06:20:46 PM »

I have the episode recorded, but I can't watch it now. Once I get the chance, I'll get back to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EnchantedSushi
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005 02:54:11 PM »

Nevermind, someone deleted all of my episodes before the beginning of this month. >=| Sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Honeybee74

Chuck Norris was the best hamster ever!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005 07:20:06 PM »

I am trying to do this for my mom (with pics of her thru the years, she is turning 50!).  You make the collage, then color photo copy it onto photo transfer paper, then you put the cut out image in hot water and wait for it to uncurl (the link has all the explanations!)

I hope everything went well, i know this was a while ago!

This is the link to the HGTV episode
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_home_accessories/article/0,1789,HGTV_3255_3388628,00.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...