Unfortunately for me, my boyfriend just started college last week and lives on campus about two hours away. I don't know how often I will get to see him (I am a year younger)
But today I was volunteering at the employee pharmacy in the hospital where my dad works at, and I found a fun thing: stickers. You know, the little ones on the bottles that say "Take with food," "Don't take with alcohol," etc. and i was like .... mailing gift!
So I took some stickers that I found interesting (they had plenty, don't worry), and two paper bags. My idea is to find little things that go with each sticker and then mail them as one of those random-gifts. But some of them are really obscure/random! and I'd rather not do a whole lot of silly things like a collage or representations (like plastic food for one that says "take with food") but a few things like that are okay
The rest I think i'll incorporate into a card. But right. Here are the sayings on the stickers and a few of the more obvious ideas I had:
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages while taking this medication (x4) ummm put them on card? more like DON'T DRINK AT COLLEGE.
- Shake well before using. Clean mouthpiece after each use with running water. NO IDEA
- We owe you _______ (x7) either fill in the blank or leave it blank for him to fill in?
- Obtain medical advice before taking nonprescription drugs. Some may affect the action of this medication ??
- Refrigerate ??
- May cause discoloration of the urine or feces hahah.. no clue.
- For ears (x4) mix CD with some self-made bonus tracks of me talking/messages to him.
- For rectal use only .......i'm sorry, i'm too immature
- For vaginal use only (x2) ??
- This prescription cannot be refilled put on card with sidenote: unless you come visit!
- For the nose (x3) I don't wear a specific perfume, but I could try mailing an article of clothing that i've worn/sweated in for a sort of "me" smell
- Important: finish all this medication unless otherwise directed by prescriber use on card
- Note dosage strength ??
- Poison D: ??
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and finish all this medication unless otherwise directed by prescriber he's really pale and burns easily, so this might just work as a joke inside the card ^^
- It may be advisable to drink a full glass of orange juice or eat a banana daily while taking this medication huh??
- Take with food candy?
- Avoid taking this medication with grapefruit or grapefruit juice ??
- For eyes (x10) Photographs, with frames?
- Generic substitution made I don't know, but i'm thinking of putting it next to a <3 heart (as opposed to an anatomically correct one)
Additional useful information: We've been dating for two years and he's also my best friend, so I can tell him anything/we joke around a lot/a lot of things aren't embarassing. But we aren't sleeping together, so sending condoms with the "for vaginal use only" sticker is not an option for us.
Another idea I had was printing out "prescription" labels and sticking them on things, or trying to find empty medicine bottles around the house and put labels on them.
EDIT: I also wrote out a "prescription" for the package