A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
239 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hastily *Handmade* Wedding Gift - Etched Glasses and Decoupaged Box  (Read 1074 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Blitherypoop
« on: April 06, 2010 08:04:39 AM »

I'm not 100% sure this was the right place to post this, but...  I made these as a gift for a friend's wedding last month.  His new bride is obcessed with penguins and loves teal.  The original idea credit should probably go to my sister.  I think she suggested etching glass.  The cups are from Ikea.  I have them in red and really like them... plus they're sturdy, actually colored glass instead of just coated, and reasonably priced.

These little penguins were on the invitations, so I knew she'd like them.  She may have drawn them herself, I'm not sure.

(sorry for the crappiness of the photo, glass is tough to photograph in a dark apartment)

....so what to put them in?  I was originally going to just spraypaint a box, but my health and the weather changed my plans.  The night before the wedding, while still rushing to finish the glasses, I grabbed some tissue and borrowed some Mod Podge from my sister and did this...

The next morning, with the bottom still wet, I packed it....

(you can't see the wax paper guarding against the dampness)

.... and ribboned it....

Exceedingly last-minute (I had to contact the bride telling her to varnish the box if she wanted to use it in the bathroom because I didn't have time to do it myself), but I was pleased with the results.  The box even matched the wedding's color theme.

The bride and groom have both said how much they like it, but I was never actually thanked.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010 08:07:45 AM by Blitherypoop » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010 08:46:24 AM »

Cute glasses!  I think it took my SIL a little over a month to send out thank you's, and my husband never did do his (I told him I would do my relatives, and he could do his. This was before I knew him as well).  Roll Eyes   So I guess I'm trying to say that you may be receiving a thank you sometime soon, and you may not get one if she's counting on him to do his friends. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...