A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 105
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: T4-Tea Towels Go International  (Read 98359 times)
Tags for this thread: embroidery , squirrel , deer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

katchoo1
« Reply #630 on: October 08, 2008 10:09:21 AM »

Wow!  I've been offline a few days and I'm so impressed with what's been done.  Love that violet, the sexy librarian, the additions to the towels in my group...

And the sushi on my towel is blowing my mind.  Can't WAIT to see and fondle it ni person!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy shop:  http://lifeattherancho.etsy.com
I <heart> paper crafts!  PM me about private swaps...
katchoo1
« Reply #631 on: October 08, 2008 10:14:20 AM »

Here is my addition to ~Glenda's fairy towel:

I used the Wee Wonderfuls acorn fairy.  You can't really see it but I used copper metallic (Kreinik) thread for the wings.  NEVER AGAIN.  The wings took me as long as the entire rest of the picture.  But I do like the way they turned out!

And here is the whole towel to this point:

I noticed that our corner images sort of fit a seasonal spring-summer-fall-winter theme at this point, which tickled me because it happened pretty much randomly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy shop:  http://lifeattherancho.etsy.com
I <heart> paper crafts!  PM me about private swaps...
UrsulaDiamond
« Reply #632 on: October 08, 2008 10:24:23 AM »

the fairy towel looks great!

here's what i added to Sewphie's towel! I didn't have the good camera so the colors are not really represented but anyways! hope you like it!

JAX is where i live just so y'all know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Glenda
« Reply #633 on: October 08, 2008 10:33:29 AM »

amyracinrose I love the sexy librarian! Her necklace is pretty, and the fishnet stockings are great.

brookowens Thanks for the compliment on my chain stitch on GatsbyGirls pillowtop. I was definitely in some kind of chain-stitch zone when I did that LOL, cuz some chain stitching I did last night on a different (non-Craftster) project didnt turn out nearly as even and nice. Go figure!

GatsbyGirl Your addition to katchoo1s bento box towel is gorgeous. Those french knots are just beautiful. In hindsight, I wish I had stitched on that towel after everyone else, so that I would have some ideas of what kind of designs to look for there were some neat other things on the dltk link you posted. One of the most beneficial things for me because of participating in this tea towel tour is that I'm beginning to get a better idea of how and where to find images for projects.

beetastic Beautiful satin stitching on that pansy, and I love the purples you used. Ive seen the whipped spider stitch in embroidery books, but thats the first time Ive seen it on cloth very pretty.

UrsulaDiamond Is your design for Nanettas towel a combo of embroidery and color-tinting? The ship for sewphies towel is so cool I love all those sails!

katchoo1 I love the Wee Wonderfuls acorn fairy and cant wait to see the metallic thread up close Ive not tried metallic thread yet. My whole towel is full of awesomeness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: October 08, 2008 11:15:17 AM »

Wow Ursuladiamond!!  That ship is amazing!  I love the acorn fairy too... that metallic thread can be a pain in the a** but sometimes I find it helps to separate the strands and run them over some beeswax before you put them back together again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
cupcakeguru
« Reply #635 on: October 08, 2008 11:26:01 AM »

katchoo1  - I love the acorn fairy too.  I use thread heaven for those pesky metallics.

Ursula - love the ship!  Super detailed.  What is the ship / Jax connection?  Is it like Jack Sparrow's?  (Sorry if I am being dumb Embarrassed)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists          Flickr
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #636 on: October 08, 2008 11:27:42 AM »

katchoo1 - Your acorn fairy is so cute! ~Glenda's towel looks great!

UrsulaDiamond - Love the ship! Especially the clouds and the color tinting around it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

UrsulaDiamond
« Reply #637 on: October 08, 2008 11:32:26 AM »

cupcakeguru - JAX stands for Jacksonville, FL. It's some tattoo flash by I think Santana or Maybe Mike Bruce, it already had the JAX in it and i liked it so i just did it as is
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilyvanilli
« Reply #638 on: October 08, 2008 11:56:52 AM »

Here's my addition to sonjabegonia's towel:

And the whole towel (it's big!):

I used chain stitch for their "bodies," stem stitch for the aprons, satin stitch for the open eyes and pockets, and back stitch for everything else. I got the patterns from flickr.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #639 on: October 08, 2008 12:10:28 PM »

lily-that pink and blue looks awesome together Wink it all is so sharp! but the steam is the part I'm really loving!

ursula-that ship looks awesome and I just love that classic banner with the flower resting just above

glenda the acorn fairy is great!  Krenik has some very difficult to work with threads was is a blending filament or japan thread? or an actual metallic floss...all told I will take a metallic thread most days over the rest because I've mastered my own technique for dealing with it Wink  I highly recommend thread heaven (a thread conditioner just google it) and a larger needle if you haven't already tried that Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 105 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...