A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 321,179
Currently Running With Scissors:
125 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 105
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: T4-Tea Towels Go International  (Read 103233 times)
Tags for this thread: embroidery , squirrel , deer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Beetastic
« Reply #390 on: September 19, 2008 08:06:40 AM »

sew~amy - that is a great addition to the towel.  The mixer is my favorite part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilyvanilli
« Reply #391 on: September 19, 2008 08:16:50 AM »

I am loving my towel so far!! Thanks sonjabegonia! I really love all the details and different stitches you used!

sew~amy - Great job! I love the mixer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #392 on: September 19, 2008 10:28:52 AM »

Lilly - Wow! I love your birds! They fit the towel really well, too.

Sonja - Those roosters are incredible! I love the Dover books for inspiration.

sew~amy - Your kitchen set is cute - I love the mixer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
timpani~jax
« Reply #393 on: September 19, 2008 10:49:13 AM »

I thought I'd try something different and as Ursula mentioned blackwork in a previous post I gave it a go.

It's backstitched rose and leaves pattern.

Here's the how the whole towel is looking. Sorry about the unironedness.

Susie's crossstitch is so beautiful, the stitches are tiny. I tried to find a pattern to fit the style she'd employed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ritapizza
« Reply #394 on: September 19, 2008 10:53:39 AM »

timpani~jax ~ your blackwork looks really really good! love the design!!! that's going to be one unique towel!
sew~amy ~ cute kitchen set and I like the butter too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: September 19, 2008 10:56:45 AM »

Oh man!  That blackwork is lovely!  Now I'm worried about what to add to that towel that will fit with all the beautiful designs that are already on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
timpani~jax
« Reply #396 on: September 19, 2008 10:58:59 AM »

Oh man!  That blackwork is lovely!  Now I'm worried about what to add to that towel that will fit with all the beautiful designs that are already on it!

I was worried when I saw Susie's cross stitch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 19, 2008 11:04:47 AM »

The blackwork and cross-stich are both so beautiful. For some reason it's remind me of the Tudor era. Very Henry VIII ... .

Does that make any sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
katchoo1
« Reply #398 on: September 19, 2008 11:11:53 AM »

Wow sew~amy, you were lightning quick!  Love the mixer set, looks like a batch of cookies getting ready to start (at least in my world it would be, since that's the main thing I drag out my mixer for...)

Next towel pillowtop on its way to you today, hopefully faster than the last one!  Here's GatsbyGirl's pillowtop:

I'm so sorry it's so wrinkly, I was literally being rushed out the door by my better half this morning!

Here's the close up of my addition:

And now it can be told, here is the near disaster that happened when my blind shihtzu wandered in and bumped into the ironing board in mid transfer:

After a panicky post to the Needlework board and a panicky PM to the swap organizer, I took one of the suggestions which was to try re-ironing it.  Since it didn't involve washing the towel (I was worried about further smearing or messing up the other embroidery already in place) that was my first choice.  Luckily it worked really well!  I turned the fabric face down on an old tee shirt and ironed it on the steam setting...this transferred some of the transfer to the old tee shirt and faded it on the main fabric, enough so that the smeared second impression faded to the point of being only a little visible.  It continued to fade during the week and now is only visible when you are looking for it.  It will hopefully wash out completely when the pillowtop is washed for the first time!

Thanks to everyone who gave me good suggestions and helped me calm down, breathe, and fix the problem!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy shop:  http://lifeattherancho.etsy.com
I <heart> paper crafts!  PM me about private swaps...
GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 19, 2008 11:36:27 AM »

What a great sun! I really like the shade of orange you chose. The placement diagonal from the tree is perfect too. I can't wait to see what comes next.

As for the near disaster, I can't say it hasn't happened to me before. I'm the queen of scorching fabric with my iron in finding that sweet spot between having the transfer lines being too light and too dark.

The Clorox bleach pen works miracles. It's right up there with basting spray and Splenda on the list of things I can't live without.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008 11:37:19 AM by GatsbyGirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 105 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Dragonflies in the Yard
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...