A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
309 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FIRST POST! Gross golf polo to cute cuteness.  (Read 3489 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
katie;
« on: August 12, 2008 08:03:29 PM »

First post, definitely not my first recon. I do all of my stuff by hand due to lack of sewing machine.
I made this shirt thing out of an old golf polo that I picked up at Frenchy's. I'm pretty impressed by the end result. I made it while watching Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, and it took me the length of the film so, 1hr30mins, approximately? If I had a sewing machine, it would have been ten minutes! haha, oh well.  Grin

*Excuse the bra straps!!*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

choose life. choose positivity. choose the golden rule. choose to be at peace with yourself choose salvation choose to make a difference. choose to be different. choose to be a rebel. choose to be funky. choose to be yourself. choose to create a fashion statement.
mellynnie

Class of 2010! =D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008 08:06:57 PM »

that's really cute. it looks super comfortale too  Grin

I need something like it down here in the Florida heat..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovebiteaesthetic
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008 08:43:01 PM »

Oh I really like that top!
Awesome job.
You are really cute by the way.
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008 05:01:40 AM »

Brilliant!

I have a lot of those golf/polo shirts that I never wear (big programs and projects give them out at work).

Done the t-shirt recon thing, yet this never occured to me. 

I'm looking at your pics and trying to figure out the best way to do this (with straps added - I'm too old for strapless thing).  Do the edges get weird when you cut them, like t-shirts do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
katie;
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008 05:54:03 AM »

Brilliant!

I have a lot of those golf/polo shirts that I never wear (big programs and projects give them out at work).

Done the t-shirt recon thing, yet this never occured to me. 

I'm looking at your pics and trying to figure out the best way to do this (with straps added - I'm too old for strapless thing).  Do the edges get weird when you cut them, like t-shirts do?

With this fabric, they did go a little wonky but I just folded and hemmed. There was a lot of excess fabric to hem with so it was no big deal. It would be easy to do this one with straps as well as you will have the whole upper part to the polo to work with.

What I did was I took the polo, cut off the top half of the polo, just below the armpit area, and then I cut off the sleeves and separated them. Those were used at the top half of the shirt and depending on the amount of fabric is used on the sleeves, it's probably going to enough. Not only does it work, it also gives a cute little curved appearance so it's more womanly and not just a boring straight line. I took the other sleeve and just made it a rectangle shape, and then I connected the two to form a tube for over the bosom.

I took the bottom half of the polo and connected it to the new top, and because the top is a lot less wide than the bottom, I made hip little pleats to add some cuteness Shocked)

So with your excess fabric from the top half that you cut off you could easily make straps. I'll make a picture tut after class... my rambles probably do not help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

choose life. choose positivity. choose the golden rule. choose to be at peace with yourself choose salvation choose to make a difference. choose to be different. choose to be a rebel. choose to be funky. choose to be yourself. choose to create a fashion statement.
Pamcake1323
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008 06:08:37 AM »

I agree..very cute and it looks comfy too. What a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliadevi
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008 02:08:06 PM »

if only....!  (i dumped all of my polos for lack of wearability)

nice job and unbelievably easy
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
$eam0nkey
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008 10:51:54 AM »

cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justine256
נυѕтιиє.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008 03:45:06 PM »

I agree..very cute and it looks comfy too. What a great idea!

Agreed. Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ich Liebe Dich.

TH♥
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...