A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
156 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: RHPS Swap Gallery  (Read 34168 times)
Tags for this thread: rocky_horror_picture_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
chelsiesawks
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2008 03:57:54 PM »

That portrait is so clutch!!
I was going to include a frankie picture for my partner but I didn't have my "portrait groove"...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You can't let the world judge you too much or you can't live fully..." Harold and Maude
sprinklez
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2008 06:48:38 PM »

I received from lvl0rg4n today! Oh man did I get the most AMAZING package. I love everything! She even made me stuff straight from my wists. I'll post pictures tomorrow, because I'm going to Rocky Horror tonight and I have to get ready! I'm gonna wear the wonderful necklace she made me and everyone there will be jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deadbathducky

It's not easy having a good time.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2008 11:46:24 PM »

oooohh loving everything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!
lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2008 08:41:42 PM »

I'll post images tomorrow if Sprinklez isn't able to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2008 06:48:27 PM »

So this was my first swap - ever!
I am not the craftiest chick in the hen house, but I thought I'd give this a try, mainly because it's RHPS!
I took on the challenge, and then realized I didn't know how to do very much, let alone anything cool.
After a few hours of browsing Michaels, I decided on some jewelry, a t-shirt, and some stationary, because my partner likes paper crafts.

After I purchased some extra tshirts (I was sure I'd mess them up!) along with some shrinky dinks, and embellishments I got straight to work!

For some reason, RPHS and Warhol go well together, as proven by a previous post. I thought a shirt with some Warhol love would be pretty awesome.

I started off with this image:

and did some magic on the computer and came up with this:

I thought that I wanted to do a corset up the back of a t-shirt, but then decided it was way too much work and I was pissed off that my holes kept coming out of the metal, so I settled on a new tshirt, and I just embellished the top.

I then printed it onto iron stuff - it was my first time even looking at these. I actually printed on the wrong side first, then the second time I ironed the wrong side. Way to go for not reading directions.
So eventually I came out with this:

(ignore my sister - she didn't want to hold the shirt)

I messed the edges up something fierce, so I put black paint around the edges - turns out you need a pretty steady hand for fabric glue in bottles. Yeah - I don't have a steady hand either!

I don't have a big picture of it finished, I had hope Sprinklez was able to, but i'm sure you can image what it looks like finished.

Additionally I made her a necklace and earrings:

I don't have any pictures of the stationary, because it wasn't anything amazing.

But yeah! Yay for swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elektrafying
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2008 07:27:41 PM »

I received from myloveasdeep today!! Will post pictures tomorrow since it's getting late and time for bed - but I received a very cute vintage-esque /pulp card, a neat Frankie shadowbox to put treasures in, a Frankie chapbook with felt binding that has blood dripping down the front (!!) with my favourite quote "Even smiling makes my face ache" written on the inside and la piece de resistance: a gigantic lips pillow! Thanks to both acidtrix and myloveasdeep for making this such an exciting swap!

FYI myloveasdeep: I shipped on August 25, and the tracking I've been doing hasn't been very helpful. If you haven't received by the end of this week, I'll call Canada Post and rustle up some shit. You should have received within 5-10 business days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myloveasdeep
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2008 07:33:34 PM »

Hurray! I'm so glad you liked it! I have pics to post if you can't...and yeah, haven't heard a peep of it yet, but we did have Labor day here Monday which could have delayed things a bit. I'm excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/myloveasdeep/

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.
BonBabbu

Times are hard for dreamers

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2008 02:31:20 AM »

My package from blobfish arrived!! Cheesy
I can't believe what awesome stuff she sent! I got everything I asked for and more Cheesy
I won't keep you waiting any longer!
Here's the loot!

this is me wearing my brand new rhps shirt and bag  Cheesy The shirt is a cross stitch and she did an amazing job on it, the reason why I don't have a pic of the shirt on it's own is because when I saw it I immediatly tried it on and I don't wan't to take it off.
I tried to do the Frankie pose from the bag but apparently it looked better in my head than in real life.

That's a close up of the bag so you can see how great it looks! You can't see it good in the pic but the gold is thread and the red is fabric paint. Frankie is glittery but you can't see that too well on the pic.
This bag will be great to carry my school books in!

This is a pic of a book cover made out of fabric and satin ribbon! The steps from the time warp are in cross stitch!
I think I'm going to use this as a cover for my agenda!

Thank you so much blobfish I adore it ! You were a great partner!
I'll post better pics later but I have to hurry now!

Here are the extra pics! A detailed pic of the cross stitch on the shirt and a pic of the bag

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 08:17:16 AM by BonBabbu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
http://www.wists.com/bonbabbu
fiberartsy

That rug really tied the room together.

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2008 05:49:13 AM »

Ooh love that Andy Warhol inspired shirt and the cross stitch shirt!!  The bag and book cover are great too.  Good stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elektrafying
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2008 06:24:00 PM »

Here's what I received from myloveasdeep!!

Box:

Inside of box:

Under the packaging:

Shadowbox:

Front of chapbook:

Inside of chapbook:

Pulp card:

Lips pillow:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...