A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,836
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The All Things OZ Swap-CLOSED  (Read 27075 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2008 01:16:21 PM »

Swaps on Craftster are the only way to go! Yay for more joiners!! Grin

Yahoo-ey!

Ok, so I started reading Wicked last night... WOW.  It's not what I thought it was going to be.  I thought it'd be kinda like a children's book, but, ah, yeah it's definitely not, haha.  I think I like it so far though... I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the concept.

Yeah, it's definitely NOT for the little ones. It was difficult for me to get through some of the more bizarre places, but I managed to muddle through to the end. I understand the musical is more child-friendly and light-hearted (we have the soundtrack & we like it), but since I haven't seen it (no spoilers, please!) I can't be positive about that.

I've heard from those who have read the next in the series (can't remember the name but it's about one of Elphaba's kin) that it wasn't all that great. The author does have an interesting take on Oz and other children's fairytales, though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I have several of his books, I just haven't had time to read 'em.

Hey! Did anyone see the miniseries on the story of L.Frank Baum, "Dreamer of Oz" starring John Ritter as Baum? It was a few years back and I missed it when it aired. Baum's great-grandson Robert Baum and his wife sat in front of my husband and I (gah! my flickr has a few pics) during a showing of "The Wizard of Oz" at Gauman's Theatre and we talked quite a bit (another gah!). He said his family has been working hard to get it released on DVD.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2008 02:03:59 PM »

YAY! I am officially IN  Grin
... well, I was wondering if just me is slutty enough to wear a naughty Dorothy/tin-girl/other character costume...

Welcome to the swap, everybody, I'm so excited!

Not slutty, but I did manage a little naughty for Halloween last year. Every year we go to a friend's who throw some pretty creative parties, and last year, for the first time in my life I dressed as Dorothy and even brought Toto along...my hubby! *snicker* It was a hoot.

I used a picture of myself in that get-up for my Oz club's Halloween card exchange last year. I dressed up our 3 dogs and took some pics, and then one of my daughters photo-shopped it and created a postcard for me to mail out (it's my computer wallpaper, too). *Note to self: must find better bra.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

whyme81687
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2008 06:45:24 AM »

OKAY EVERYBODY this is your last day to sign up!!!  Grin So do it now! I would love to have more people, and after looking at who I could partner up last night a couple more people could really help make this swap even better!! You know you want to!! so until the title of the post says sign-ups closed send in those questionnaires I have never been one to deny those last minute joiners!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2008 10:13:19 AM »

OKAY EVERYBODY this is your last day to sign up!!!  Grin So do it now! I would love to have more people, and after looking at who I could partner up last night a couple more people could really help make this swap even better!! You know you want to!! so until the title of the post says sign-ups closed send in those questionnaires I have never been one to deny those last minute joiners!!  Cheesy

Does that mean we get partners tomorrow?!!!  YAYYYYYYYYY!  Can't wait  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The screenname says it all - I'm my Granny's Annie!

*PhD student and audiologist extraordinaire*
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2008 01:50:30 PM »

HAHA we could have partners tonight...OHHH WERE OFF TO SEE OUR PARTNERS OR WONDERFUL PARTNERS IN OZ (swap) Because of the wonderful things she does....ROTFLMAO I am so easy to amuse...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
amybarnett
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2008 02:02:55 PM »

HAHA we could have partners tonight...OHHH WERE OFF TO SEE OUR PARTNERS OR WONDERFUL PARTNERS IN OZ (swap) Because of the wonderful things she does....ROTFLMAO I am so easy to amuse...

That would be the most amazing thing EVER because I am having the craziest, most hectic day at work. It would be a real treat to have something go right today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elmpixie
I need my hat, but not for my head...

Four's Treble

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2008 03:03:16 PM »

AmyBarnett... you've read the books! Yay... at least SOMEONE else has...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
BLOG

Couture
Bag with a plan
Wearables
Wall-E
whyme81687
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2008 03:24:15 PM »

sorry guys no partners tonight  Sad I wanna give people that extra time to sign up plus I wanna see if I can work on the partnering a little more. But tomorrow morning definitely! Be excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
amybarnett
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2008 03:42:19 PM »

AmyBarnett... you've read the books! Yay... at least SOMEONE else has...
Yes! and I think Myrna Minx and elliemom have, too. I wouldn't say that the movie (w/ Judy Garland) was inaccurate or bad or anything, on the contrary, I like it very much! But It makes me so sad to see some of my favorite books represented .... differently....then the author originally intended. For example: Dr. Seuss movies after he died are atrocious, The third Installment in the "Anne of Green Gables" was completely made up (tragedy), and Willy Wonka....ug.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Wizard Of Oz was Amazing and I could watch it over and over, but.....there is so much MORE! I feel like everyone is missing out on so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elmpixie
I need my hat, but not for my head...

Four's Treble

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2008 03:58:02 PM »

I feel exactly the same way.  The movie is WONDERFUL! but there is SO MUCH MORE to the Wizard of Oz than just Dorothy's (first) trip there.  I know... Willie Wonka, ugh, although, just for movie's sake, if I take the book out of the picture, the first WW is good, i think, with Gene Wilder... but I HATE the second one... it just destroys the story, which I loved so much!

I refused to watch the Anne of Green Gables movies... and I totally agree about Dr. Suess... The original stories are almost always So Much Better.  It's sad to see them destroyed and then see people think of the story, and think of the movie instead of the book.  As much as I love a good movie, books are so much better!

Oh, and the Little House on the Prarie TV show... was just terrible! Solely as a TV show it was okay, but trying to represent what Laura Ingells Wilder wrote, it was awful... and that whole series was ALSO so wonderful...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
BLOG

Couture
Bag with a plan
Wearables
Wall-E
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...