A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
218 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plaid Halter Vest recon from old dress pants (img hvy)  (Read 2317 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Betty B. Cake
« on: July 29, 2008 06:36:50 PM »

So I recently found out that I have jury duty...ugh, and I have nothing appropriate in my wardrobe (most of my dress clothes are now to small due to having a baby) Anyway, I really wanted a vest and I saw this tute yesterday
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250504.0

So I kill two birds with one stone , I get a sweet vest AND something to wear for the dreaded jury duty.
The only real difference in mine from the tute, other than the obvious fabric, is I added a seam under the bust line to accentuate to boob'age.
Now my only real dillema is how to close the vest: Ribbon, buttons......I'm stumped, so if you have a suggestion as to what would look better, I'm all ears.

Front

The Fabric

Displaying the bustline seam

Back

Also I just wanted to add, that I am sorry I dont have a before picture of the pants. And, the fabric was a poly/spandex blend. It gave me hell, I kept having to readjust the tension & I never quite got it right. So the stitching is not some of my best (I have never sewn on polyester before), but It suits its purpose, unless I were to point out the defects of the stitching, noone would notice. So I'm happy with it, but I'll be even happier when it is totally finished.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008 06:45:47 PM by Betty B. Cake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When life gives you Lemons...Squirt them in the eyes of your emenies!
streetjunkie
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008 08:19:15 PM »

Thats really cute!  I would do buttons, because with the fabric, the ribbon may seem a bit fussy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elleinad

Romeo the mini rooster <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008 09:22:53 PM »

I love the pattern. Yeah I agree with the buttons. I say sneak bright colored buttons on it.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...