A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
176 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: L.O.V.E. Mini-book! (pic loaded)  (Read 3018 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 24, 2008 07:10:50 PM »

So without getting overtly personal here, I've been going through some great spiritual changes lately-- I'm not a fan of titles, but you could call me as a Christian, and after going to an amazing, emotional conference and reading a crazy awesome book (links to it in my sig if interested Smiley), I wanted to remember how much love and acceptance I felt from God and others close to me that weekend, so I threw this little journal-book together in a couple of hours using a basic kit I bought on clearance forever ago and my own custom embellishments.

(Note: I journaled in little envelopes to help remember some wonderful things that were said to me at the conference and my own thoughts, but I blurred them out here for privacy  Smiley)

The cover (phrase is rub-on transfer)...

I stained the edges of many of the pages to give them an older look (bit hard to see the transfers here: unbelievable, passionate about you)

Transfers: Trust, Shelter from the Storm...

Staining here doesn't look bad in person!  Wink

Lyrics from a Keith Urban favorite of mine that resonated with the whole experience...

Ta-da! Thanks for looking.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008 07:17:23 PM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DesignerDucky
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008 07:33:07 PM »

Very nice! And so insperational!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\\\\\\\"Some people are settling down, some people are settling, and some people refuse to settle for anything less...than butterflies. ~~Carrie Bradshaw; Sex and the City
* Beatriz *
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008 08:07:37 PM »

amazing job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fowds
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008 08:24:20 PM »

I absolutely LOVE your book!  The colors you used are beautiful and your theme is inspiring. Thank you for sharing! You did a wonderful job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I felt very still and very empty. The way the eye of a tornado must feel, moving dully along in the middle of the surrounding hullabaloo."
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008 09:06:43 PM »

Thank you for the comments! I was a bit nervous posting this since it obviously has a really personal premise and meaning for me Smiley
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008 09:07:23 PM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fowds
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008 11:37:51 PM »

I'm really glad you did post your book because I checked out "The Shack" and I'm going to order it-it intrigues me.  It sounds like the book has a really good plot and meaning and since it had such a huge impact on your life, maybe it will help me as well.  I'm excited!  Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I felt very still and very empty. The way the eye of a tornado must feel, moving dully along in the middle of the surrounding hullabaloo."
nicolatte
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008 10:42:54 AM »

I'm glad you shared it, it is gorgeous! I love the quotes, the paper, everything Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.etsy.com
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008 11:15:26 AM »

I'm really glad you did post your book because I checked out "The Shack" and I'm going to order it-it intrigues me.  It sounds like the book has a really good plot and meaning and since it had such a huge impact on your life, maybe it will help me as well.  I'm excited!  Thanks again!

I'm so glad you took a look at it! I'm definetly not one to push any belief of mine on anyone else, but The Shack is so amazing and so applicable that I had to share it! And I'm also really picky about my books- I work at a library (awesome job for a book worm like me!) and I tend to get really bored with a book fast unless it reels me in right away; this book does just that. Send me a message if you end up reading it; I'd love to hear what you thought of it!  Smiley

EDIT: I know there's gotta be loads of members who are Twilighters-- guess who got an advance copy of BREAKING DAWN today (as you can see in my pic, haha)?? Working at a library has definite perks-- it doesn't release for a week yet and I had to sign a legal agreement just to get it!!  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008 12:43:56 PM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...