A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,934
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First digital scrapbooking page of my kitty  (Read 2325 times)
Tags for this thread: digital_scrapbooking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Craftastrophe
« on: July 19, 2008 12:01:17 PM »

This is my first attempt at digital scrapbooking.  I used GIMP (which is available for free  Cheesy) to create the page and the background/elements are from www.shabbyprincess.com from the Moody Blues Collection (also for free  Grin)

Also, I have never worked with the program like GIMP/Photoshop before, so I used a tutorial from http://www.scrapbooksgonedigital.com/TUTORIALS/.

Let me know what you guys think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
troll1984
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008 12:33:44 PM »

I too am just getting into digital scraping, though I have photoshop experience. I really like what you did with the page. I too love Shabby Princess' freebies, I've downloaded all of them. I've been digiscrapping about a month and have about 10 gigs worth of freebies, so if you need sights or blogs, I can point you in the right direction.

I would like to give you a little constructive criticism on your page. I don't know if you've learned about dropshadows, but the page looks a bit flat. You are generally trying to make it look 3D, so shadows around your pictures, papers and elements really help make that effect.

I also like the way you staggered your lettering. It goes up hill a little bit, I generally make a horizontal line on a seperate layer, then adjust my lettering, then delete the line, or in your case, 2 lines. If you didn't want to do that, you are using fairly symmetrical patterned papers and could have used the print to line things up.

I don't use gimp, so I'm not sure how some of the things are adjusted, but if you need help on anything, I could probably find out as it is similar to photoshop and hubby has gimp on his computer. Let me tell you, your first page looks much better than my first attempt did Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashley's Wife, Austin and Allie's Mommy!

My Photography, My Blog, My Shop, My Wist
mylikes
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008 04:41:45 PM »

This looks great! I've been wanting to do some digital scrapbooking, thanks for sharing your resources!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shil22
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008 12:05:54 AM »

I love the look of this page.  It is interesting and eye-catching, but the color scheme keeps all the elements coherent.  You definitely motivate me to try digital scrapbooking once I finish the non-digital project that I am working on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahPiiSan
I never stopped loving you, I just stopped showing it.

I r paper sand cookie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008 06:19:30 AM »

I didn't knew there was digital scrapbooking too Embarrassed
Finally something new to do with photoshop!
I love your page!
You said it's your first time right?
I think you've done an AMAZING job for a first time
Most people can only dream of doing so well a first time Cheesy

@Troll1984
Mind if I ask for links to more digital scrapbooking freebies Smiley?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MilliePaper
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008 06:09:15 PM »

I have been wanting to try digital scrapbooking.  This page is great motivation to get me to actually do it already!  Beautiful layout.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...