A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Want to join a Craft swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 314,014
Currently Running With Scissors:
153 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flower blanket, grapes boy & just a regular little guy  (Read 1729 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

*Owly*
« on: July 18, 2008 05:06:14 PM »

So wow, I try to post from time to time what I've been working on and from the length of time from my last post I'm noticing that I need to get my hook out more often!  In order of completion-

I made this little guy for a cousin of mine whose a big fan of the vino!  I wasn't too interested in making a bottle shape, or a glass, but I thought this would be a cute idea.  After finishing him, I kept thinking that he looks like he could join the fruit of the loom commercials  Cheesy

This little guy was for my son, he'd asked for a little boy, because he's a little boy, and that made perfect sense, so I made a little guy that resembles him. 

Then, I just finished this sucker up! I was doing it to revamp the original flower blanket that I'd made for my niece last winter.  I was annoyed at how the petals had curled up, but at that point, I wasn't a fan of the colors and was sick of working on it.  I'm pretty happy about how this one turned out, at least it's laying the way I want it too. My daughter decided that she "needs" it because it's pink so she's ended up with it.  I was concerned it wouldn't be big enough for her since she's 2 and pretty tall for her age, but it's still a good sized throw on her.  It ended up being 45 inches across, and I used almost 4 skeins of the pink yarn, and about half of the green skein.  The yarn was a bamboo blend- naturally caron's Spa in rose bisque and green sheen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging at Owlishly, photos at Flickr, and all my patterns at Owlishly and my Ravelry store
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008 05:11:00 PM »

I'm not that big a fan of Crochet ( I know, FOR SHAME! ;-)
But I just had to let you know that your dolls were totally adorable and I love the flower blanket. The colors are great & you did such a wonderful job!
Hugs
Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Non judgement day is near.
NyteRayn

Hi my name is Jess and I have a crafting problem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008 05:11:22 PM »

After finishing him, I kept thinking that he looks like he could join the fruit of the loom commercials  Cheesy

Exactly my thoughts!! LOL. But he is ADORABLE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Findings, links, tutes, fabrics, news, photos and all other sorts of crafty-type stuff! http://elementalcraft.blogspot.com/
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008 05:12:46 PM »

I LOVE the grapes guy!  He totally should be on the Fruit of the Loom commercials!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KasmiraGypsy
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008 05:15:41 PM »

The Grape boy is super cute! He would look perfect sitting in my kitchen in the fruit bowl lol.

I love the flower blanket. Did you use a commercial pattern or did you whip it up yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Owly*
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008 06:12:08 PM »

I created the pattern for the flower blanket- I looked for a long time for this type of blanket, but all I kept finding were like granny square type blankets with flower motifs in the center.  My sister was *very* specific about the type of blanket she wanted and after hemming and hawing a while about having to make up a pattern for it, I finally just sat down and figured one out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging at Owlishly, photos at Flickr, and all my patterns at Owlishly and my Ravelry store
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
@Home This Weekend: No-Kill Cactus
Tute Tuesday: Wrap Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...