A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
141 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite Recipes Mini Swap! Sign-ups CLOSED Send by: Sept. 2  (Read 50605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #300 on: August 16, 2008 06:04:09 PM »

I'm headed to Chicago for the day, but hopefully I'll be able to post a photo tonight after I get back. I'm going to Ikea! I'm so darned excited. I've never been to one before, and I already warned my husband that I am going to look at the fabric, and he'd better not stand behind me and sigh a bunch while I'm looking.  Cheesy

Were you in the Schaumburg one or the Bolingbrook one?  I was at Schaumburg Ikea today, if you were there we could have met up.  I walked by the fabrics, but since I don't sew, there was no real point in looking at them.  I did get curtains along with tons of other stuff.  Before you know it I will be posting pictures of my revamped dining/living room in completed projects somewhere.  I LOVE Ikea.  We also went to a couple of asian grocery stores which was fun as well.

Too funny! I was at the one in Bolingbrook. I didn't buy any fabric since most of the things I sew are teeny and the prints on the fabrics quite large. We actually only bought lamps today. We have to go back when we can borrow a larger vehicle so we can get all the furniture we mentally picked out today.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aspatria

I like road trips!

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2008 06:38:47 PM »

Wow, you guys are awesome! Monday and Tuesday are my designated crafty days this week - I am so ready to be home after this road trip. I can't wait to have my idea completed!

On another note, were we ALL at Ikea today? I was at one in New Jersey....and I had the meatballs. Yum Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2008 06:50:28 PM »

I bought lamps too, though one doesn't appear to be working right now (edit to update: I put in a new light bulb this morning and it works now, the other one must have been defective, but better a defective light bulb than defective  lamp). Sad  I'll try another light bulb tomorrow, I'm exhausted right now. Tongue  I also got pillows for my couch, a small rug for in front of my couch, etc, etc, etc.  $157 I'll never see again except in the items I bought.  Ouch!!  So worth it though.  I didn't mean to spend so much.  The only thing I need is what I want to buy to put my TV and stereo on If I ever have money to my name again.  I think Ikea should donate them to me. Roll Eyes

I would say my project for the swap is about half way done.  My second attempt at doing it, but worth it.  Second time seems to be the charm. Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008 03:04:09 AM by myklia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimberly_Star
« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2008 08:32:30 PM »

Haha!  I love all of the Ikea talk!  I went to the one in Austin twice last week!  I took my coworkers who had never heard of it and they fell in love.  We spent almost 3 hours there in spite of needing to be in our hotel rooms studying for our exam.  We ate there as well and I had the meatballs.  I wish I would have thought to take an ice chest to bring some home.  I also had a dream last night that DH and I bought a rent house and fixed it up in all Ikea stuff.  Too, too funny!

Well, lovetoteach's item is pretty much finished.  I just need it to stop raining and dry up so that I can seal it.  Hopefully things will be nicer outside so that I can take care of it tomorrow and mail it on Monday.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamarose22
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2008 06:40:50 AM »

I haven't been at Ikea's for quite a while.  I never realized they sold fabrics.  Because of a bad back, I can't walk too much, so I only go there when I need something specific.  Next time I do go, I will check it out.  I also don't do much sewing, usually only small crafty stuff.
I finished my stuff for Macreede.  My daughter came today with her camera and we will take pictures before mailing.  I will probably get to the PO tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2008 08:54:13 AM »

I will be working on finishing my item today. I have a big load of stuff to take to the PO, so I'm hoping to get everything done.

And, last night, due to insomnia, I got the idea to take all of the recipes that have been posted and combine them into one document. I want to sort them into "sections" and then print it out as a cookbook. So far, I've only copied all of the recipes. It's about 76 pages! I'll save it as a PDF in case anyone else wants it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
aml
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2008 09:27:05 AM »

And, last night, due to insomnia, I got the idea to take all of the recipes that have been posted and combine them into one document. I want to sort them into "sections" and then print it out as a cookbook. So far, I've only copied all of the recipes. It's about 76 pages! I'll save it as a PDF in case anyone else wants it!

Great idea! I'd love to have the pdf.
Even better, that you save it as a pdf and not a doc. Having Linux and hence OpenOffice most/some of the formatting is gone, when I open doc-documents. I really hated those people at university who wouldn't accept anything else than doc-documents. I never knew wether the export to this closed standard out of OpenOffice did have the effect I intended.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2008 09:32:04 AM »

Great idea! I'd love to have the pdf.
Even better, that you save it as a pdf and not a doc. Having Linux and hence OpenOffice most/some of the formatting is gone, when I open doc-documents. I really hated those people at university who wouldn't accept anything else than doc-documents. I never knew wether the export to this closed standard out of OpenOffice did have the effect I intended.

I hate using Word, so I tend to use MS Publisher, which most people don't have. So, saving it as a PDF solves that. Also, since I'll be doing a bunch of piddly formatting, I don't want it all lost or altered if someone else opens it!

It'll be a bit before I get it all finished. It's a "too tired to do much else but cut and paste" kind of project. I should have it finished by the time the swap ends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
handbaghannah83
Cooking and Scrapbooking= <3 LOVE <3

Dont just dream it.....Believe it!!

« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2008 10:07:59 AM »

ugh i have crafter's block...lol...i cant seem to figure out how exaclty i want everything to go on my craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2008 10:35:28 AM »

A PDF would be lovely whenever you are able to get that done.  That is very kind of you to offer and will be very useful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...