A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kitschy postcard from my summer vacation  (Read 11175 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
PlumCrafty
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008 02:59:00 PM »

I love the way the Tower Bridge one scanned! Elvissatx, you certainly was blessed by the god of post this weekend! Cheesy

I have a lot of books (basically black A4 landscape photo albums) that I sort my postcards into. One for places I've been, one for posh houses I've seen, one for art postcards and one for those I received. Each fit about 120 cards and I have 6 so far... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
Nov: SS Ornament R3
Sep: MALC 6x6 Canvas
Aug: 4x6 Art5
Jul: Hand-Carved Stamp4 and Vintage
Jun: Journal for a Month2
May: 4x6 Art2 and Crafted Cushion Cover2
Apr: Beginners Inchie3
Mar: Art Journal
craftysunday

oh, trusty vans...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008 09:21:16 PM »

hey all! i'm so glad that my postcards are being received- i was worried that the original stamps and postmarks would fool the post. but ohhhhh, no! they are too smart. hooray.

sorry i'm been remiss- i've been away from the computer and my internet has been (annoyingly) spotty. grrr.

just wanted to let you all know that i've received from lizzle, plumcrafty, qb, elvissatx, myklia and lil_starry1.  i'll scan them in when i'm back at work...but i may just borrow my beau's camera and take pictures. it looks like that's what a lot of folks have been doing, and the results are great. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeonix
Crochet, Knitting, Cross Stitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2008 08:49:31 AM »

Here I am! I finally took pictures today! My camera sucks at taking pictures in my orange bedroom though so excuse the flash. If I don't use the flash they all look orange tinted... lol

From QuiltersBlock, "The Royal Mile & City Centre of Edinburgh"
On the back, a quote by Robert Burns: "Let them cant about decorum, Who have characters to lose!"

From PlumCrafty, "Houses of Parliament"
On the back, a message!

From Lizzle, "The Cadet Chapel"
On the back, a quote by Gertrude Stein: "Everybody knows if you are too careful you are so occupied in being careful that you are sure to stumble over something" and a note Smiley

From elvissatx, "Hotel Adolphus, Dallas, TX"
On the back, a bit about the Adolphus

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008 09:04:15 AM by raeonix » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lizzle
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008 07:15:10 PM »

I've received six postcards so far and all of them are awesome!  Have a look.

From PlumCrafty, "Been there, done that":

On the back: "After living here for ten years I'v edone them all, but that has been today's lot at least.  I went to see the British Museum, the Guildhall Art Gallery and Amphitheatre, and the Clockmast's Museum--enough for one day, don't you think?"

From QuiltersBlock, "The Military Tattoo, Edinburgh Castle, Scotland":

On the back: "'My dear, my native soil!  Fro whom my warmest wish to Heav'n is sent, Long may thy hardy sons of rustic toil Be blest with health, and peace, and sweet content.' -Robert Burns, Cotter's Saturday Night"

From craftysunday, "Charlotte Amalie Harbor, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands":

On the back: "Am completely delighted with everything, so what more can one say about a vacation! Betty" [by the way, craftysunday isn't Betty, it was just an amazing vintage postcard]

From myklia, "Cabela's, Richfield, Wisconsin":

On the back: "What you see in this piacture is about 1/8 of the store.  It is a huge outfitter store with a restaurant and wildlife museum.  It's kind of crazy, but if you are a hunter or fisherman, this would be your place.  I am not.  I go there for camping stuff."

From elvissatx, "Hotel Taft, New York":

On the back: "I don't know if you care about country music, but apparently Jimmie Rogers (who sang T for Texas, a fave song of mine) died here in 1933.  Morbid, but hopefully interesting."

From lil_starry1, "Pack Art Card":

On the back: "'After living in the dark for so long,a glimpse at the light can make you giddy.  Strange thoughts come into your head and you better think 'em.  Has a special fate been calling you and you're not listening?  Is there a secret message right in front of you and you're not reading it?  Is this your last, best chance?  Are you gonna take it?  Or are you going to the grave with unlived lives in your veins?' -Justine, The Good Girl"
Also, if you can't tell from the scan, it's a postcard in the shape of the Bovril jar.  Super cool.

Thank you so much, ladies!  These post cards are great!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008 07:18:13 PM by Lizzle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008 02:39:48 AM »

I love the Cadet Chapel.  The been there, done that one is pretty funny.  If I ever go to London, I want to go on the London Eye (I love ferris wheels).  That Bovril one is pretty funny too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008 07:14:06 AM »

Finally got good scans of my tower o' postcards!

In no particular order (seriously, the backs may not even match the fronts!)

PlumCrafty

Glyndebourne, "a country house with its own opera festival"

and bonus "more kitschy" postcard from PlumCrafty:

Buckingham Palace! (BTDT,  Cheesy) Scan doesn't quite capture the 3-Dness of this card.

TAHITI Postcard!! from craftysunday, originally from Geoff Parker to Eugene (I love that you've used these.) Oh, and the Post Office didn't even post mark your new stamp!  Cheesy

Next, from Lizzle:

A vintage post card from the "Benjamin Franklin Hotel - Inn" in San Mateo, California

(BTW: RLS went to the same school as my hubby....granted, not at the same time!)

Paul Bunyan's Northwoods Cook Shanty postcard from myklia:

She says breakfast there is *huge*

more vintagey goodness from elvissatx:

the Town House Court motel in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Yay! Thank you all so much! Sorry it took so long to post.

My tyke is in love with the post cards....she likes to deliver them to me and dh so we can read them to her. She also helps us make up stories about the places!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 06:08:47 PM by QuiltersBlock » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
craftysunday

oh, trusty vans...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008 12:31:54 PM »

QB- it is SO COOL that the post didn't stamp the card I sent you! How fun! That Tahiti one made me laugh so hard...'the call of TAHITI has lured me back...' and he capitalized TAHITI, twice. So funny!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008 04:16:35 PM »

The Tahiti one is from CraftySunday and not me.  The Paul Bunyun one is from me.  Whew!! What an exhausting breakfast.  Like I said in the card, my mom and I didn't eat again until dinner.

I got my Egypt postcard from Therisa:

I love it, thank you.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008 06:10:16 PM »

That Egypt card is *beautiful* I absolutely love the colors!

(sorry about the tahiti thing...I've edited. Ironically, we're having breakfast food for dinner!)

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
Lizzle
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008 10:16:18 AM »

I got the same awesome Egypt card!  It's so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...