A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hollys bunny hat and new outfit  (Read 1056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
samigurumi
The keeper of the Jam

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 11, 2008 02:15:12 PM »

This is holly.  I think i've already introduced you guys to her, but today shes sporting a brand new dress i just finished and a new hat i crochetted this afternoon.  Im really loving the hat alot and im seriously considering crochetting myself a matching one Cheesy

I imagine holly would wear this to a job interview or somewhere where she was trying to make a good impression.

her hat however really brings out her personality.  Hollys a bit on the crazy side really and shes really fun to be with.  I think this is her favourite bit of clothing so far but then she doesnt have many clothes so that wouldnt be hard
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its only when the power of love, overcomes the love for power, will the world know peace.
My Wists
My facebook music fan page

I'm always up for a swap
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008 04:52:24 PM »

The dress is very cute! I absolutely love the hat--it almost looks like a little bunny cupcake!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008 05:29:02 PM »

i think the "interview" dress is great!  i also like her wild shirt on the last pic. 

if anybody gives her either of you any flack about the eccentric headgear, she you can just say "let's see YOU make a rabbit out of a hat!"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008 05:30:57 PM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
samigurumi
The keeper of the Jam

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008 06:16:57 AM »

thankyou guys, its nice to get a little feedback from stuff you make. already im working on my next doll clothing project.  Sometimes i get soo carried away i just dont know when to stop
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its only when the power of love, overcomes the love for power, will the world know peace.
My Wists

I'm always up for a swap
littlemiss83
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008 09:19:42 AM »

Those are really cute ! when i make doll clothes they never have any style.
IF you dont mind me asking what doll is it ? and how do you close it up like velcro ect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samigurumi
The keeper of the Jam

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008 11:19:33 AM »

Holly is called a pullip doll  more specifically her original name is papin so you could search ebay for pullip or papin and you'd come across her, there are tonnes and tonnes of different types of pullips.  Im kinda new to the whole scene myself but I wanted a ball jointed doll so i could do photoshoots and make her clothes and while asian ball jointed dolls was what i was really wanting to get i cant justify spending the best part of between 200-400 pounds on one.  So a pullip was a good middle ground as they go for about 50-100 depending on which one you want to buy.  You can customise them by taking off their hair and taking out their eyes but i havent customised mine yet but im seriously toying with the idea of a new type of hair.
As for the dress i just sewed it up as its made of stretchy fabric so the whole thing pulls up over her hips and bust without having to undo anything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I'm always up for a swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...