A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
198 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Incognito Underpants Squirrels - Incl. a ZOMBIE!!  (Read 2552 times)
Tags for this thread: moustache , squirrel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Karen_Sweet
« on: July 07, 2008 02:55:27 PM »

Evidently, squirrels like to hide in the bushes - they seem innocent enough, unless you happen to see one sporting a disguise! You could have an Incognito Underpants Squirrel on your hands -- a breed of deviant squirrel that is prone to creepy behaviors whilst clad in underpants.

The pallor of this particular I.U.S. suggests mass consumption of hard lemonade - the prefered diet of this breed of Incognito Underpants Squirrel.

Also recently spotted, a ZOMBIE Incognito Underpants Squirrel --

This Incognito Underpants Squirrel lives underneath my radiator. Instead of brains, zombie squirrels prefer the gooey inside of chocolate Ding Dongs and can "de-shell" a Ding Dong in seconds. How? I don't know! And of course, to keep his identity secret, this zombie squirrel sports a moustache of some distinction.

(apparently the pictured pastries are actually called "Hostess Cupcakes", but I think "Ding Dong"; has a nice ring to it, har har har!)

Here's another pic of the Zombie Incognito Underpants Squirrel:

As per the suggestion of a Crafster user, I have been working on a nemesis or counterpoint for the Incognito Underpants Squirrel.  It is called "Angry Housecoat Cat".  I also want to make a version of the Incognito Underpants Squirrel that comes with a range of moustache types that can be changed and affixed via Velcro. Soon, yes, soon.

PS- These are easy to make.  The body is four pieces (body back & front; underpants back & front).  Closed by hand-sewing the tail on.  Fleece and velvet-type fabrics work well.  All sorts of trims can be used for the underpants.  I used "bobbles" on these, but also have done floral trims for girlier underpants on my "Lipstick Underpants Squirrels".  The stache is made from two pieces of felt hand sewn together.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008 07:22:24 AM by Karen_Sweet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008 03:28:43 PM »

Oh my... TOTALLY wisting these!!!

My school has a house for Honors Students (and I am one of the lucky ones to live there two years in a row!). The squirrel is our...mascot, if you will. We always say we want a squirrel drawn sleigh to get us up the 3/4 mile hill/walk to class in the winter time when we have a foot of snow on the ground!

These are AMAZING... Smiley VERY nice work! Love the zombie, especially!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008 03:36:54 PM »

These made me LOL as I looked at your photos and read your descriptions about each one....LOVE the Angry Housecoat Cat idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
wawamommy
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008 09:02:10 PM »

I think Incognito Underpants Squirrel deserves his own cartoon show!  I'd totally watch it!  Kudos to you for being so creative.  Smiley  I love the squirrels, and the stories.  Grin Oh, and who is the bunny with the stach?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

simply
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008 09:35:56 PM »

this is so awesome  Grin  I was laughing so hard reading this, and then my mum wanted to know what was so funny.  I tried to read it to her, but wound up laughing to the point of tears and could hardly speak.  she thinks it's awesome too  Wink   we have a few resin squirrels around the house and they all have either masks or capes, never thought of a mustache though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karen_Sweet
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008 07:00:05 AM »

Oh my... TOTALLY wisting these!!!

My school has a house for Honors Students (and I am one of the lucky ones to live there two years in a row!). The squirrel is our...mascot, if you will. We always say we want a squirrel drawn sleigh to get us up the 3/4 mile hill/walk to class in the winter time when we have a foot of snow on the ground!

These are AMAZING... Smiley VERY nice work! Love the zombie, especially!

Thanks!  I'm glad you like them.  Squirrels, even without moustaches, are pretty jokes.  There is something about them I've always liked.  I used to make squirrels out of papier mache (http://www.flickr.com/photos/karen_sweet/2334938893/), but it takes many, many weeks to take one from start to finish.  The fabric squirrels are able to reproduce much more quickly... !  And, of course, any excuse to buy faux fur!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karen_Sweet
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008 07:02:58 AM »

These made me LOL as I looked at your photos and read your descriptions about each one....LOVE the Angry Housecoat Cat idea Smiley

Thanks!  Yah, I think the Angry Housecoat Cat is going to be rad.  I have the terry cloth ready to go!  The plan is to do a silkscreened face - slanted eyebrows and whatnot, hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karen_Sweet
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008 07:06:40 AM »

I think Incognito Underpants Squirrel deserves his own cartoon show!  I'd totally watch it!  Kudos to you for being so creative.  Smiley  I love the squirrels, and the stories.  Grin Oh, and who is the bunny with the stach?

Thank-you!  Good idea!  I wish I could draw better - I could do a little comic book or something. 

Incognito Bunny was another idea.  Mainly, I want to make a bunny tail out of soft, soft faux fur.  I also was thinking about doing a fox for similar reasons.  Can't find orange fur though Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karen_Sweet
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008 07:10:49 AM »

this is so awesome  Grin  I was laughing so hard reading this, and then my mum wanted to know what was so funny.  I tried to read it to her, but wound up laughing to the point of tears and could hardly speak.  she thinks it's awesome too  Wink   we have a few resin squirrels around the house and they all have either masks or capes, never thought of a mustache though!

Thanks!  Glad to hear it!  They make me laugh too.  I was so capitivated by the first one I made, I carried it around in my purse for a few days.  I would pull it out every once in a while just to confirm that I had in fact made something so ridiculous.  It was the first toy pattern I ever made myself, so I really couldn't believe it.  The next one I make should have a goatee, I think. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FlowerWitch
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008 12:41:08 PM »

OMG!!!  Cheesy I am in love with them!! i need my own incognito squirrel in undies to carry around with me and get into mischief!!!  Grin WISTING this!!

Dude you rock!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists ~ http://www.wists.com/flowerwitch

I am collecting pendants of ANYTHING that people make and think eh? and dont want!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...