A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
160 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kitschy postcard from my summer vacation swap (signups CLOSED; Sendout by 8/31)  (Read 13645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
PlumCrafty
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2008 03:04:03 PM »

When I did the Postcard Swap earlier this year, there was a news story on TV about the anniversary of the postcard. It reported postcards were on the decline, I guess they did not know about www.postcrossing.com....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
Nov: SS Ornament R3
Sep: MALC 6x6 Canvas
Aug: 4x6 Art5
Jul: Hand-Carved Stamp4 and Vintage
Jun: Journal for a Month2
May: 4x6 Art2 and Crafted Cushion Cover2
Apr: Beginners Inchie3
Mar: Art Journal
QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2008 03:53:00 PM »

When I did the Postcard Swap earlier this year, there was a news story on TV about the anniversary of the postcard. It reported postcards were on the decline, I guess they did not know about www.postcrossing.com....

Thanks for the site! That looks like a lot of fun!

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
Shadeweaver

My reality check just BOUNCED!

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2008 06:50:31 PM »

My brother says I got a postcard from a Wisconsinite .... I am figuring he is talking about Myklia.  lol

I will post a picture tomorrow when I get home.

Shade Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap?  Heck Yeah!

http://www.wists.com/Shade
myklia
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2008 07:01:14 PM »

My brother says I got a postcard from a Wisconsinite .... I am figuring he is talking about Myklia.  lol

Shade Smiley

Lets see, you and I are the only two Wisconsinites, and I doubt you would send one to yourself, so yep, must be me. Cheesy  It got there fast, I went to the post office shortly before 6:30pm last night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadeweaver

My reality check just BOUNCED!

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2008 07:46:47 PM »

Shade Smiley

Lets see, you and I are the only two Wisconsinites, and I doubt you would send one to yourself, so yep, must be me. Cheesy  It got there fast, I went to the post office shortly before 6:30pm last night.

That is fast ... our mail comes at 9:30 am.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap?  Heck Yeah!

http://www.wists.com/Shade
craftysunday

oh, trusty vans...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2008 10:28:51 AM »

hey, all! i received a postcard from elvissatx yesterday, too. yay! it's beautiful.

is it okay if i post a picture of them all when i get them? i don't have access to a scanner during the summer.

also...do people mind that i repurposed postcards that were written on? i know it sounds weird, but my sense of humor is kind of strange- i thought it funny to just readdress them, keeping the old messages from other people's travels. if it's not okay, i can send some others out.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
QuiltersBlock

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2008 03:30:29 PM »

hey, all! i received a postcard from elvissatx yesterday, too. yay! it's beautiful.

is it okay if i post a picture of them all when i get them? i don't have access to a scanner during the summer.

also...do people mind that i repurposed postcards that were written on? i know it sounds weird, but my sense of humor is kind of strange- i thought it funny to just readdress them, keeping the old messages from other people's travels. if it's not okay, i can send some others out.

Smiley

You're fine waiting to scan all at once.

The repurposed cards are a fabulous idea! I love reading postcards, and had thought about sending pre-written cards just last week. Worried I wouldn't find any that had already been written, so just went with the regular blanks.

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

craftysunday

oh, trusty vans...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2008 05:09:09 PM »

thanks for the thumbs-up, qb.

a co-worker gave me three shoe boxes full of postcards last year. her father had collected them for decades, and had friends, family, and friends of friends send them to him. there are hundreds, many of them written! the best part- they are ALL ORGANIZED by part of the world, then country. he cut off the ends of business envelopes, typed the country on the top, slipped the cards in, then put the envelope into the shoebox IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER and presto! something nice to hand down to a pack rat like me!

i think you all are going to like them. they made me laugh out loud!

i just hope they don't get lost...i left the original stamps on, as well as the new stamp...hope the usps doesn't get too confused.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
QuiltersBlock

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2008 12:59:10 AM »

Wow! That's one organized guy!!

The nice thing about postcards is they usually can't be 'returned to sender' -- so they'll likely get to their destination no matter the old postage.

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lil_starry1
Pickle Painter.

Just add glitter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2008 11:37:10 AM »

I love the idea of inheriting an old post card!
My ma' has a box full of my granddads, I was going to use them but didn't get them yet!

I've received four cards now, which shows how quick post from America can get here. I've found three and written them, but am waiting to get a few more. We are hopefully heading to the coast at the weekend so I'll get the other lot then.

My partner has been very jealous of my post, and my eldest daughter loves looking at the cards and asking an array of questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...