A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,956
Currently Running With Scissors:
211 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another Messenger Bag w/ Zip Top Closure - TUTORIAL NOW ON Page 3!  (Read 45994 times)
Tags for this thread: messenger_bag , ladybug , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sewsewcool
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008 10:41:49 PM »

Oh wow, this is super cute!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Danele
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008 09:26:39 AM »

I really love this bag!  I've been trying to find a good messenger bag pattern for the next school year, and this one looks perfect with a zip-top and magnetic closure.  Thank you so much for the tutorial - hopefully, I'll get to make this one soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hat-and-bag-lady

Too lazy 2 work, too honest 2 steal, jst rt to sew

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008 01:40:12 PM »

I love this bag! I've made messenger bags before, but not with a Zippered closure. That is great! Thank you also for the Tutorial.  It's on my data key to take home and try out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
stefmsu
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008 03:46:46 AM »

I've made two of these this week!!  Oh my gosh, the tutorial is REALLY CLEAR and easy to follow.  Thanks so much for the step by step and all the photos! 

There were 2 things that gave me trouble: 
1.  When attaching the outside of the bag to the lining, keep the strap BETWEEN the two layers.  I wasn't smart enough to figure that out by myself...!

2.  I found it easiest to close the zipper halfway before sewing the lining to the bag, and by manually sewing together that side (on the sewing machine but by turning the dial) I was able to sew right through it.

This is the outside of my first bag:

And I made one for my mom's birthday.  I changed dimensions to make it wider:

Here's the inside:

I used sewpixie's tutorial to make a zippered pocket (too easy!!) and added lots of other pockets.

Steph Smiley
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008 09:14:59 PM by stefmsu - Reason: adding pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
heartofmary
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008 05:48:32 AM »

I've made two of these this week!!  Oh my gosh, the tutorial is REALLY CLEAR and easy to follow.  Thanks so much for the step by step and all the photos! 

There were 2 things that gave me trouble: 
1.  When attaching the outside of the bag to the lining, keep the strap BETWEEN the two layers.  I wasn't smart enough to figure that out by myself...!

2.  I found it easiest to close the zipper halfway before sewing the lining to the bag, and by manually sewing together that side (on the sewing machine but by turning the dial) I was able to sew right through it.

I will post pictures of my bag as soon as I can.  Thanks again!!

Steph Smiley

Hi Steph, Great to have feedback from you!  Gives me more confidence to make more tutorials in the future.  Also, thank you for the additional tips.  I have taken the points you raised and had just amended my tutorial to make it even clearer.

Hope to see your bags real soon.  Kiss
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008 05:49:30 AM by heartofmary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE!
* My Blog *
http://www.pinoyinoz.blogspot.com
* My Etsy *
http://www.etsy.com/shop/heartofmary
Sprocket

Inspiration is everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008 09:15:10 AM »

Nice bag...I like the shape.

-Sprock Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
letmysoulshine
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008 12:23:26 PM »

Love this bag!  Great job on the bag and the tutorial!  I have been wanting to make a new messenger bag and you have inspired me to get busy!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008 02:33:45 PM »

fantastic tute and bag! love the lady bug fabric
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
heartofmary
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008 03:26:23 AM »

Finished my third bag yesterday.  I am getting a bit tired making this bag at this point  Tongue.  I hope to move on to another kind of bag very soon...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE!
* My Blog *
http://www.pinoyinoz.blogspot.com
* My Etsy *
http://www.etsy.com/shop/heartofmary
stefmsu
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008 04:51:26 AM »

I just made another bag for my friend to take to the Vic Market and I put the strap between the two layers to sew them up, but then it was still between the layers when I turned it right-side-out!!!  I KNOW that it worked when I did this for your messenger bag, so I have no idea what's going on!!  Huh  So don't take my comments as the right way to do things! 

Steph Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Picture Frame Tray
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups
@Home This Weekend: Remote Caddy

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...