A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,631
Currently Running With Scissors:
200 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One for Me, One for You Gallery  (Read 36488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2008 12:09:48 PM »

oh, muria, it's ok!  really.  don't feel bad.  i think the sleeves will work well as 3/4 length.  no worries, ok?  the jacket is exquisite and you did a spectacular job!  i adore it.  and the necklace.  and you <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2008 06:37:24 PM »

Haylie, awesome action shots Cheesy  I'm glad you liked everything I sent!  BTW, I should mention that I did not make the spindle or that necklace!  Have fun experimenting with spinning Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2017
Jinkies
Creatalicious!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2008 07:50:10 PM »

I received a BAGSKET from Chicomich!!! 

HERE ARE THE PICS!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008 06:22:21 AM by Jinkies » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen/Jinkies

Currently swapping:

Once You Pop Halloween - SOD  9/27
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2008 03:49:59 AM »

We have a lot of people who have not posted pictures of their own finished items.  If your partner has received please post pics of what you made yourself so that I can leave you feedback!

Nearly all the packages are in transit. Some *might* be in transit.  I do not mark someone off as having sent if they say hey, I am going to ship today.  We all know what can happen during the course of a day.  I will only mark off after I know the package is out the door and on its way...

So guys check the front page of the swap thread and see what your feedback is looking like. If your name is in blue - post your pics of what you made yourself.... if your name is in black or purple that means you have not sent from what I can tell.. if your name is in red get in contact.  You will receive a negative on 9/24 and an angel will be arranged for you the following day.

Thanks everyone!

link to the first page...

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254457.msg2838152#msg2838152
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Muria
« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2008 08:16:47 AM »

Great bagsket!  I thought about making one of those for you, Jinkies, but then you said you were getting one.  Smiley  (Of course, this was before the placemats multiplied out of control.) Wink

Ok, the last of my pics is the shirt I made.  I used the same pattern that I used for sugaree's coat, but it's modified (um, quite a bit). Things that are different:
shorter (which was an option on the original pattern, btw)
the other collar from the pattern
wider cuffs (which need to be tapered, but I might do that with buttons/snaps)
and the biggest alteration was altering out the gathered "skirt", since that look doesn't work for me, at all.
Well, and the colors are different:

It's a collage because I can't decide what kind of closure to use on it.

Here's a picture of it with the snaps, and the partially finished skirt that I made to go with it (out of the same fabric as the main part of the shirt):

And for anyone who would like to express an opinion on the buttons/snaps, larger images of the options:
https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/bwshirtwhitebutton.jpg
https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/bwshirtrosebutton.jpg
https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/bwshirtcoverbutton.jpg (I should mention that this one is a pic of the plain uncovered button covers. They could be black, white, or some other color (If I used a different color, I'd probably incorporate it somehow into the skirt, maybe as a ruffle at the bottom, or a sash of some sort)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 07:08:26 PM by Muria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2008 06:55:46 PM »

I love the bagsket! It's on my very long list of things to make, but I really don't need any more bags. Maybe by the time I get around to making one, I will Wink

And, Muria, that shirt is fabulous! I'm not offering any other opinions, though because I can't decide Wink

My second package will be in the mail tomorrow. Life has seriously gotten in the way of me getting to the PO. Today, I had a turtle delivered to my classroom after school and it took longer than I hoped it would. And then I hit traffic. I don't know if you can do an international package at the APC, but I wasn't even going to try. Tomorrow, I'll be at the door when the PO opens!  And then I can finish up my Poppet this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Muria
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2008 07:50:35 PM »

Thanks!   

In case you're interested, the automated kiosks don't do international mail.  I tried once (just to see), and it tells you to take it to the service counter.  The turtle sounds great! My son would love something like that (but it's probably not a good idea for kindergarten)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2008 05:27:51 AM »

Good to know about the APCs. I was (finally) able to get my package in the mail this morning, get a money order for this afternoon, get my parking space at school, and come in to find that the turtle survived the night! So, it's a good day so far Wink

I was going to get this turtle last year, but another teacher wanted it too, so I let her keep it. Good thing, too. She figured out the best way to take care of it so that the work is minimal. Good thing about turtles- they don't bite like hamsters do. Bad thing- as a first grader told me, "They have germs!" So, with a little monitoring, a turtle might not be a bad first pet (but they can live up to 70 years, so it could end up being a pet for a long time).

Back to swap talk- I can't wait for my paper to arrive. I'm already thinking about the journal I'll make with it (it'd make a fabulous gift for my sister, I think... but I may make a small one for me, too!)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cat9

I've got a hook and I'm not afraid to use it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2008 06:49:17 AM »

Great bagsket!

+goes off and adds to "make some day list"+
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2008 04:07:55 PM »

I received from Tanza! She made me 27 sheets!!! of paper! They are so lovely and I textural- some are bumpy-ish and some are soft. I love them! And, she made them in my favorite colors! They also have a cool speckle pattern to them- I included a close-up to try to show it. She also sent along some green linen squares (no way are they going to be used as napkins... I may make a zipper pouch with them) with an adorable embroidered trio of robots embroidered. Robots = love! And, she included some teas and a couple of samples of Vegemite for me to try. Thanks a bunch, Tanza!!

The whole lot:

Close-up of the paper:

Close-up of the robots:

I'll be using the paper to make one or two hand-bound journals- yay! Thanks again, Tanza!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Ah, fall!
Meatless Monday: Black Bean, Butternut and Spinach Skillet
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...