A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beauty Secrets  (Read 73530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kaii
« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2006 06:10:21 PM »

What i do may be hard to find for some.. but worth it.

I have oily skin, acne and acne scars. Most of the acne and scars are gone because of this.

1. Wash skin with papaya soap. (you can get it online, or at any Filipino store)
2. Use an astrigent/toner. I use papaya based astrigent. (once again, at a Filipino store) This works as an exfoliant. (cotton ball ofcourse)
3. Murad's Acne Treatment Gel. It's great because it has 2% Salycilic Acid. (Murad.com i think)
4. Use Ultraquin Gel to get rid of the scars and hasten the healing process! (it's Canadian, google ultraquin)

It really worked for me...! The people who reccomended Ultraquin swear by it and it combined with what i do rocks!

[if you can't find the papaya products, soap and toner work fine... papaya just has whitening and acne benefits though.]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewantsxglamor
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2006 08:03:04 PM »

Mmm... papaya products. Sounds yummy Cheesy
But seriously. I'm so sick of blackheads. All of a sudden, my nose just decided to become Blackhead City, and nothing seems to do much of anything, and I'm too chicken (and cheap) to try pore strips. So basically I'm stuck with a nasty nose. Gah Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gwydion
« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2006 08:14:06 PM »

Use a good-quality, preferably organic, coconut oil as a moisturizer.  Apply to damp skin.  It only takes a very little bit, is cheaper than almost all commercial moisturizers, absorbs well, feels "light" on the skin and keeps your skin soft and smooth all day.  It also seems to improve my skin quality, reducing lines and breakouts, but YMMV. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewantsxglamor
« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2006 09:33:03 PM »

Hmm. Interesting.
All these fruity skin cleansers. I will definitely be giving a few of them a try. Thanks so much you guys Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaii
« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2006 06:33:48 PM »

Hmm. Interesting.
All these fruity skin cleansers. I will definitely be giving a few of them a try. Thanks so much you guys Cheesy
Welcome. Haha my family basically swears by papaya products!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paintednightsky
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2006 07:19:32 AM »

I've recently tried jojoba oil as a cleanser.  I think it works great.  Usually I use it only at night though and day time I use a regular cleanser.  It has helped get rid of some peoples and has made it clearer and it's cheap in the long run because all you really need is like 3 drops and it works as a cleanser/moisturizer all in one and once it absorbs it doesn't feel greasy at all.  I put jojoba on first NOT water or that will just repel it and then I rinse with warm water.

I also use an apple cider vinegar mixture as well on my face and it fades marks.  Also occasionally an aspirin mask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyandfried
Inertia is a property of matter.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2006 05:35:01 PM »

How.. would you ladies suggest getting rid of/bleaching facial hair? Nng. Yes, barely noticeable but it bugs me so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

early to bed and early to rise, and you'll meet few of our best people.
shewantsxglamor
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2006 07:16:15 PM »

???Waxing? It sounds rather painful, but it most likely works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ihaveamac
« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2006 01:18:02 AM »

When it comes to bleaching facial hair, i would recommend getting a professional - i would get seriously freaked out if i tried a home-made bleach on my face for fear of disfigurement and/or lifelong humiliation...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!
Giggles
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2006 09:54:51 AM »

How.. would you ladies suggest getting rid of/bleaching facial hair? Nng. Yes, barely noticeable but it bugs me so much!!

my momma bought a um...like little kit at walgreens or something i believe.  ive used it before and it does work really welli havent had any problems with it and neither has she.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art is amazing in any of its many forms.
Love is unexplainable.
Life is worth so much more than you can imagine.

Currently: In love with Daniel Donayre.
Reading: Johhny Got His Gun.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Backpack For Your Dog
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...