A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 314,220
Currently Running With Scissors:
147 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UPDATED: DIY Hand Painted Aisle Runner w/Photos - And Video!  (Read 10565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LMZ319
« on: June 23, 2008 05:33:46 PM »

Yay!! After about 4 sessions, or an estimated 8 hours of tracing, painting and outlining…I present to you the completed part one of our personalized aisle runner!!!

Ta-Da!!

Now, part two is to finish the monogram section and part three is to put ribbon around the entire thing. We’re talking over 100′ of ribbon folks. I’m a little nervous that I might mess up this whole project at the very end.

Photos of the very begining can be found on my wedding blog http://www.themeckleys.com

And here is part two:

You may notice I still need to do some outlining but I am anxiously awaiting the paint to dry. It's killing me to wait but I was starting to get a little sloppy in my rush to finish. After this is done I will attempt to line it in black ribbon. (So stay tuned for more photos!)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008 04:19:52 PM by LMZ319 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008 05:44:35 PM »

Wow... I really don't know what else to say other than WOW.  Just, wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
LMZ319
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008 05:49:23 PM »

Thank you so much! :-) If you like it now, just wait until it's done...provided I don't mess it up! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008 06:26:22 PM »

It's so stunning.  I'd be afraid to walk on it!

I tried to visit your wedding blog, but got an error.  Is the address correct in your post?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LMZ319
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008 06:29:18 PM »

Sorry...I'm an idiot.  Wink Typing too fast and spelled my future last name wrong. LOL I fixed it. Please try again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008 06:32:40 PM »

Thanks so much!  I'm a nosey goose when it comes to weddings.  I had to check out more of your goodness.  Your crinoline is awesomeness, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LMZ319
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008 06:34:59 PM »

Thanks! I am having a BLAST making stuff...way too much stuff I'm sure. There will be 1 year between the engagement and wedding and that is proving to be too much time b/c I keep changing my mind. :-) But it's been a GREAT excuse to buy new craft supplies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
thekster
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008 05:08:12 PM »

That looks great! What kind of fabric did you use/ any stablizer? What did you use to paint the words? It looks like there is a black outline around the letters. Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
LMZ319
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008 08:13:46 PM »

I used a premade aisle runner, not exactly sure what kind of fabric it is. There was no tag. It's almost felt-like. I used regular acrylic paints to paint and a black sharpe marker to outline. I did find that the pink metallic acrylic paint seemed to have better coverage. I used plain black for the swirls and it really soaked in/through more, so it seemed to take more black paint. The pink sort of sat on top of the fabric more, if that makes any sense?

I plan to outline the entire runner in a thick black acetate ribbon using heat activating adhesive strips (via an iron) as opposed to trying to sew. :::fingers crossed:::

Then, with my leftover runner (I ordered a 75' runner and only needed 50'...you know, in case I messed up I could cut and start over!) I plan to make a "Here Comes the Bride" banner too, in a similar fashion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
thekster
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008 12:05:26 AM »

Where did you order it from? Hmmm it sounds like the ones I've seen at Walmart and Hobby Lobby but looks so much prettier. I can't wait to see your wedding! I think you're the one who posted your invitation a while ago and I loved it too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fancy Solar Lighting
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Paper
Craftster Rocks!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...