A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
222 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UPDATED: DIY Hand Painted Aisle Runner w/Photos - And Video!  (Read 10449 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LMZ319
« on: June 23, 2008 05:33:46 PM »

Yay!! After about 4 sessions, or an estimated 8 hours of tracing, painting and outlining…I present to you the completed part one of our personalized aisle runner!!!

Ta-Da!!

Now, part two is to finish the monogram section and part three is to put ribbon around the entire thing. We’re talking over 100′ of ribbon folks. I’m a little nervous that I might mess up this whole project at the very end.

Photos of the very begining can be found on my wedding blog http://www.themeckleys.com

And here is part two:

You may notice I still need to do some outlining but I am anxiously awaiting the paint to dry. It's killing me to wait but I was starting to get a little sloppy in my rush to finish. After this is done I will attempt to line it in black ribbon. (So stay tuned for more photos!)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008 04:19:52 PM by LMZ319 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008 05:44:35 PM »

Wow... I really don't know what else to say other than WOW.  Just, wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
LMZ319
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008 05:49:23 PM »

Thank you so much! :-) If you like it now, just wait until it's done...provided I don't mess it up! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008 06:26:22 PM »

It's so stunning.  I'd be afraid to walk on it!

I tried to visit your wedding blog, but got an error.  Is the address correct in your post?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LMZ319
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008 06:29:18 PM »

Sorry...I'm an idiot.  Wink Typing too fast and spelled my future last name wrong. LOL I fixed it. Please try again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008 06:32:40 PM »

Thanks so much!  I'm a nosey goose when it comes to weddings.  I had to check out more of your goodness.  Your crinoline is awesomeness, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LMZ319
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008 06:34:59 PM »

Thanks! I am having a BLAST making stuff...way too much stuff I'm sure. There will be 1 year between the engagement and wedding and that is proving to be too much time b/c I keep changing my mind. :-) But it's been a GREAT excuse to buy new craft supplies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
thekster
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008 05:08:12 PM »

That looks great! What kind of fabric did you use/ any stablizer? What did you use to paint the words? It looks like there is a black outline around the letters. Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
LMZ319
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008 08:13:46 PM »

I used a premade aisle runner, not exactly sure what kind of fabric it is. There was no tag. It's almost felt-like. I used regular acrylic paints to paint and a black sharpe marker to outline. I did find that the pink metallic acrylic paint seemed to have better coverage. I used plain black for the swirls and it really soaked in/through more, so it seemed to take more black paint. The pink sort of sat on top of the fabric more, if that makes any sense?

I plan to outline the entire runner in a thick black acetate ribbon using heat activating adhesive strips (via an iron) as opposed to trying to sew. :::fingers crossed:::

Then, with my leftover runner (I ordered a 75' runner and only needed 50'...you know, in case I messed up I could cut and start over!) I plan to make a "Here Comes the Bride" banner too, in a similar fashion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
thekster
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008 12:05:26 AM »

Where did you order it from? Hmmm it sounds like the ones I've seen at Walmart and Hobby Lobby but looks so much prettier. I can't wait to see your wedding! I think you're the one who posted your invitation a while ago and I loved it too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bright Spring Wreath
Tute Tuesday: Postage Stamp Cards
Crazy Cacti

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...