A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Which flip flop creation is your favorite?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 313,866
Currently Running With Scissors:
338 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ocho the Octopus  (Read 43616 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

marthastewart

I'm a convicted felon!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2004 01:51:25 PM »

hmmm....sorry about that...  maybe you should try using a different computer.  or ask the person who started this thread to post the picture on a different site? or even e-mail you the instructions.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004 02:09:10 PM by marthastewart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gypsy
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2004 02:34:00 PM »

yah.. i did that.. she hasnt answered
ohhhh welll its not meant to be
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadKittyUSA33

I'm a kitty!!! A BAD ONE!!! meow...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2004 03:55:17 PM »

awwww.....Ocho the octopus is soooooo cute!!! too cute!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.' ).')     
.*  MOLLYWOOD!!!!!  * .      
(. '(.'**`'.)`'.)   Rock on!
sallysparks
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2004 02:59:07 PM »

OK. Sorry everybody! I've just moved across country and it took me a while to get online so I'm sorry for those of you who haven't been able to see the octopus directions.

hopefully this will work.

http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v62/sallysparks/octopus.jpg
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004 07:38:50 AM by sallysparks » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gypsy
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2004 07:12:06 PM »

for some reason they're still not showing up for me.. agh!
can you email them to me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stickofgum
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2004 06:21:26 PM »

I LUV!!! I must make this!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
SaveTheDodos
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2004 08:13:34 PM »

Nice! That'll be a great art and crafts activity to do while babysitting this summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beast: I want to do something for her... but what?
Cogsworth: Oh, there's the usual things: flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep...
jiffer23
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2004 02:57:32 PM »

so cute, want to touch the tentacles
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2004 04:33:53 PM »

very adorable! i saw a octopus that you could knit if any of you are knitters...can't think of the name of the book though....maybe it will come to me later
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
sedrasmom
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2005 06:41:34 PM »

Hi, I know you posted these instructions over a year ago, but I just wanted to say thank you, I used your instructions with some minor variations of my own and it turned out fantastic! My daughter and I are huge They Might Be Giants fans, and they have a kids' book called Bed Bed Bed where in one of the stories/songs a little girl wants to be an "octofish" (basically an octopus) and my daughter asked me to make her an octofish  Huh which is how I ended up coming across your instructions for Ocho, I did a yahoo search for an octopus sewing pattern. I hadn't even heard of craftster before this, I actually registered here just so I could thank you!  Cheesy

I made one out of flowery retro 70's fabric I had a ton of in the basement, and another out of everything else - a patchwork octofish. That one is mine even though my daughter is begging me to give it to her.

The main thing I did different is that I sewed all the legs together across the tops on the raw ends, overlapping them half way lengthwise onto the next one, then I folded the string of legs together and sewed them together across the top, and just cinched the whole clump of legs  in place as I pulled the head hole closed around them with the basting stitch, then hand sewed them more securely in place. That way I didn't have to pin and stich each one. There's a lot of legs to deal with, and since I have a small child I prefer to sew without using pins.

I also wanted to suggest an easy way of turning the legs. If you push just the very little nub of the sewed end into the tube and shove a chopstick or a thin dowel up it, you can pinch the rest and gently pull it down over the end of the chopstick or dowel, and it will all turn inside out just like that.

Thank you again for posting these instructions. I am very appreciative. It is such a smart no-nonsense design, and your instructions were very easy to follow. I am so thrilled to have been able to make these for us. I will also be making one to give to John Linnell from TMBG for his son Henry when we see them at an instore performance in Minneapolis in a couple weeks.

Monica  Grin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005 06:48:22 PM by sedrasmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good!" - Dr. Seuss
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 26, 2017 Featured Projects
What's Up Girlfriend?
Tute Tuesday: Cons to Mary Janes

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...