A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COMPLETELY RANDOM SWAP - CLOSED EARLY FULL UP!  (Read 52984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TracyInNH

Wow, how'd you do that??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2008 06:10:33 AM »

I dont think he doesn't think you can do it... you may have the same problem I have.  I can never make my item look like what I've got in my head, and it causes me grief!  After working with it, I can usually get what I want, and you will too!  Go for it, I want to see whatcha got lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
SunflowerSmiles
« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2008 08:16:05 AM »

gala_apples...your Dad loves ya...and we parents hate to see our children frustrated in any way...so he's probably thinking about the frustration you get and wants to encourage you in his way... I don't think he wants to kill your crafting momentum, he just probably hates to see you frustrated.  Go for it and most of all have fun!!!!! Throw all your creativity and vision into it! Can't wait to see it in the gallery!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2008 10:02:49 AM »

Go for it gala_apples!! Maybe make a prototype first? I really want to make something for this swap I have not made before and I will make a practice run first.  I really do want to get out of my crafting comfort zone a bit though.

I get great ideas but they never turn out as wonderful in reality as I imagined them. Sigh.

If you are as excited about it as you say you should give it a shot. It will be a amazing, everyone will love it and you be happy - but you probably think, dang that looked much better in my imagination Grin And if it doesn't work out then you will have the experience to have another go at it.

I should add that I have the materials and equipment for what I want to make out on the dining room table for the last few days in an attempt to psych myself up to make this thing!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2008 11:51:14 AM »

I am sad to say I still need to dig out ye olde crafting supplies. They have been in hibernation for a few months. Maybe putting them in my living room will help.

One of my crafts is going to be new terrain for me as well. I have the most ridiculous lofty idea in my head and I'm sure it will only render with the vaguest resemblance of what I am imagining. At least it doesn't involve using machines, I feel like the faster you go, the more quickly you can mess up a lot.

I like how many places you can take this swap to. It seems like a different way of doing a 'make a friend' swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Creative Cooby

A life? Can you crochet one?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2008 01:00:21 PM »

I know how you feel about machines, Edud. My poor sewing machine took a huge nosedive today. I think it wants to become a kamikaze.  Cry What ever the problem is, it's hindering mye from finishing my dress for the 4th of july. *sigh* looks like store bought jeans and a t-shirt for me. Oh well.

Crafting is going amazingly, though. I am like two projects away from sending!!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2008 09:33:36 PM »

i'm right there with ya!my serger has been in the shop for over 2 months now so living with only my machine is like the end of the world!everything is taking 10X longer then it would if i have my beloved serger back!grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!BUT THE CRAFTING MUST GO ON!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
Charfish
Ever have a 24 hour hangover and feel like you just got off the tilt-a-whirl? Welcome to Pregnancy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2008 08:15:46 AM »

I'm slowly going along here - I have some supplies, I just need to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with them all. Wink  I think I need to raid my mom's stash too... hopefully she won't mind. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KungFuGirlfriend
« Reply #287 on: July 04, 2008 10:27:19 AM »

I have everything planned out that I'm going to make and I have all of my supplies. I just need to finish up some things for another swap and then I'll be allover this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinderblock
astral adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: July 05, 2008 09:20:50 AM »

i don't have all of my supplies yet, but i just went to the store yesterday and my wallet suffered, thank goodness for 4th of july sales! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
The 3rd Eye
"they sell us love as divinity, but it's only a social obsenity, underneath they're all lovable."
SunflowerSmiles
« Reply #289 on: July 05, 2008 10:05:50 AM »

I have a few things done and now I'm working on the large...sss!  One thing is going to be hysterical!  I'm too excited! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...